Thread: Nokia N8 Unable to set up email

Nokia N8 Unable to set up email

I got my new nokia cell phone N8 few days back. It worked fine for first few days but when i try to set up an email account i get a message saying that "Nokia Messaging Subscription" is required to use email facilities on the nokia phone. So to activate this facility on your mobile phone please contact your operator. After that, it prompts a message which asks for user id(Email id) and password. But i can't see any options for Gmail or Yahoo.. All i can see is some weird messages which has nothing to do with this. Any ideas..What exactly the problem is ??? I also tried implementing the factory settings on the phone but nothing worked. Please suggest me what should i do now???

Re: Nokia N8 Unable to set up email

I found this as better solution for this issue. You can do one thing for getting rid of this problem. As i had the same problem with my mobile phone. I tried almost everything like hard-resetting the phone, re-installation of the firmware.. And finally i came up with the solution. And then i came to know that the actual problem is related with the service provider. I got a new SIM card for the phone and inserted it in the phone and then hard reset the mobile phone. After that i again installed the configuration and did all settings in the phone accordingly..I then created an account on email and after that everything worked fine. Google mail,Yahoo mail all started working and also after creating the account when again i reinserted the old SIM card in my phone it started working. From that day i am using my email account without any issue.

However i had the same problem with my mobile phone. Whenever i try to set up an email account on my new Nokia N8 mobile phone i use to get an error message indicating that before you setup any account on your mobile phone you need to have Nokia messaging subscription on your nokia device so that you can use email facilities on your nokia device.. I followed all the instructions given bu them and still i couldn't access the account. I then decide to reinstall the software in my handset. After installing the latest software in the mobile phone i was able to access the account. then i came to know that the problem was with my software in my mobile phone..

Using Symbian 3.0 OS, Nokia offers enhanced email services on the nokia mobile phones. Through this you will be able to access the email account as well as search the inbox for any new mail etc.
    So just follow the steps which are given below to create an account on your Nokia phone.

• When you will boot your device it will show three home screens..
    • A "New Mailbox" title will be displayed on any one of the home screen..
    • When you will tap on the New Mailbox option you will be directed to the Email Account set up process..
    • Then select 'Start'.
    • Here you will be presented with some user clients.
    • Select any one or the one which you prefer..
    • Enter your Mail address and password..
    • After that, press Start button, and here you are done with the process. After completing this process a new account will be created through which you can access the emails on your mobile phone..