Thread: iPhone 4 freezing for a while when closing running apps, is this normal?

iPhone 4 freezing for a while when closing running apps, is this normal?

I am having this problem from the first day when I got my iPhone 4, when I am closing the running application phone freezes for a few seconds when closing them. This is happening when I try to close the message applications or trying to close iPhone application. Sometime when it freezes it automatically restart on its own. Is this is normal? Or this is happening with my iPhone only? Do you have any solution to this problem?Please inform me as soon as possible.

Re: iPhone 4 freezing for a while when closing running apps, is this normal?

This is not a normal behavior, I think you should backup the iPhone and try to restore from iTunes. The best idea is first not to restore it from restore if the issue happens. First test it and after testing if it does not freezes then restore it again this time from backup. In this way you can check whether it is happening due to your data or your iPhone is having issue. Hope this will help you to determine your problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Having the same issue with iPhone 4. It occasionally freezes when I try to close the running application and sometime automatically reboots. I have tried to restore it but this even does not solve issue.I need to double tap the home button to close application and iphone freezes. Is there is any solution to this problem?Your effort will be appreciated.Thank you
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I double tap the home button to close the running application and some of the applications are closed and iPhone freezes for 10-15 seconds, after this it work normal. Sometime it freeze and then reboot. If I keep all the apps open then my phone is fine and I think there is way to close all the apps same time. When I close down the application I think my iPhone crashes or hangs.

I have this issue when I close my mail application before any other application. But if I close it after other application then it does not freezes it has those icons and touch screen is not responding. In my iPhone it is working only with mail application. To overcome this I need to hard reset the iPhone OR hold the home button till all the application are gone. i think the issue is with multitasking functionality in some iPhone.

I too have the same issue of screen freezing in my iPhone. When I try to close few application it freezes for almost five minutes.And sometime it reboots by itself. I thought that this might me happening because of the speed by which I close the application. So I started closing them slowly but this doesn't help. I have reset the setting, restore iPhone in iTunes but even this does not solve the issue. Please help if you have any suggestion to overcome this problem.

I have this same issue with my iPhone from the day when I got my iPhone and it continues for four week. Today I have updated it to iOS4.1 and after updating it resolves my issue. I have updated much application and I close them at same time and now it is not freezing at all. Hope this help to solve your problem.