Thread: Moving contacts from gmail to the BB Torch

Moving contacts from gmail to the BB Torch

Hii..
    I have been using the blackberry torch 9800 mobile phone since 2 months. I have used many of its applications . But i think their is some problem related to the gmail sync. Whenever i try to move the gmail contacts to my blackberry mobile phone their is some kind of problem or it throws some error saying that it cannot copy the contacts to the blackberry torch 9800 mobile phone. Please suggest some solution for this problem.

Thank you in advance

Re: Moving contacts from gmail to the BB Torch

Hey you can try out for the latest software . Which means that you can try for the latest and the updated software for this kind of problem. Because normally this kind of problems should not occur. download this software from any source and then check whether it works or not. So try and download the latest software and just load it in your phone. I hope that this information will be useful to you.
    Last edited by Antonio1; 09-10-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Google Sync has caused big problems on the Torch. It seems it is not compatable for OS6 at this time. The initial sync WILL work, but when you try to sync again, you might notice your phone getting slower and slower.
    I would suggest not to install it.
    Just have a look here: http://www.blackberry.com/newsletter...sly_sync.shtml
    I have been able to test contact creation/update/deletion from the Gmail and and the Torch sides by using this software.

You can use Gmail enhanced plugin which can be used for the contacts that are synced via exchange.
    So maybe leave your contacts alone and get the enhanced plugin.
    The plugin is almost as fast as BPS/BES in getting emails.
    You can visit this site:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ion/gmail.jsp?

You can currently sync with Exchange via BES and can have just a few personal contacts in your work addressbook - the people you call or text the most. You can use the GMail app for all personal email as you may not want to load all your personal contacts into Exchange. We all know that the GMail app is a little lacking as an email client and you were hoping that you could use BIS for any GMail/Google Apps accounts and be able to sync GMail contacts. So i hope you are satisfied with this information.

Hey you can try for the system software updation. Because of the corrupted software which is installed in your blackberry mobile phone these kind of problems occurs. Just go for the operating system updation and then install the latest and the updated system software/programs(operating system) into your blackberry mobile phone. I hope you will be happy with this solution.

Hey guyz you can just check for the system software in the mobile phone. Check for the operating system of your mobile phone. Just go the blackberry store and get your blackberry phone operating system updated. Else just get check the gmail contact setting in your mobile phone. Or else just go to the blackberry store and get your blackberry mobile phone replace. I hope you will get a perfect solution through this.