Thread: iPhone 4 DELETED EMAILS by itself

iPhone 4 DELETED EMAILS by itself

The iphone 4 is been recently been used by me,the problem with it is that the emails within the inbox has been deleted, so when i checked the other locations the data was even missing from there, i myself has not deleted this emails, sometimes the purposely deleted emails return back, so please any one help me to sort this problem.

Re: iPhone 4 DELETED EMAILS by itself

The problem is related to the imap accounts, i suppose the emails may be from the yahoo, the an IMAP client may have deleted your messages,An IMAP client is a mobile device such as a BlackBerry or iPhone, so the messages which are deleted from the mobile device are not recovered since they are removed from the yahoo account.

The device which you have is not suppose to be deleting the emails on its own, so If you have a computer or other mobile device accessing that same email account and that other computer or mobile device email client deleted the emails from the server (accessed using the POP protocol for example), then they are deleted.

The imap protocol works by as this IMAP email client is synced with your email account,It synchronizes your phone's email with the email on the server, and vice verse. So if there is no email on the server there will be no email on your iPhone if you are using the IMAP protocol, so most of the thing are dependent on this protocol.

The accessing mail mainly via Outlook on my computer but also have it on your iPhone, the emails are not sent on the Outlook,this problem is mostly with the yahoo which is not allowing to send the emails, so i may recommend you to use the gmail account which will be more preferable then the yahoo, where your iphone does not have any problem related to that.