Thread: Blackberry Storm --APN Settings for Vodafone India

Blackberry Storm --APN Settings for Vodafone India

Hello everybody! I am using Blackberry storm mobile and also utilizing BIS from VODAFONE INDIA. I just installed 3rd party application (Radio Companion) on my cell phone. I got success in installation but I am not able to play music on it because of some error.
    “Detailed error: [code 201] Tunnel failed java.io.IOException]”
    I called to technician department for this error and they advised me to check TCP setting for my mobile. I received APN setting via PINSTACK for VODAFONE INDIA and here APN gateways was 10.10.1.100. But still I am getting same error. I need help to come out from this problem. Please if someone here familiar to this problem , help me.

Re: Blackberry Storm --APN Settings for Vodafone India

Hi ! I i can give you some source for APN setting:
    APN for MMSaddress: portalnmms
    Username :
    Password :

or try this

APN for surfing address: www/iphone
    Username :
    Password :
    I think so you have used MMS setting for this and TCP settings are “www/iphone”. Please these APN setting on your phone and tell me that it works or not. I hope your problem will be solved after making these settings.

I am leaving in UK and using Vodafone network for my third party application. I am not getting any error on Radio Companion. Actually initially when I installed this I was also suffering with all this but then I went Vodafone service center and they installed all new GPRS setting on it. Here I am giving you my setting hopefully it can help you:
    Vodafone (UK)
    Gateway IP: 212.183.137.12
    Port: 9201
    APN: wap.vodafone.uk
    username: user@vodafone.net
    password: user

I just purchased Blackberry pearl 8110 mobile in India and unlocked it to use. i bought it use VODAFONE Indian’s BIS plan. But I am not able to find APN setting for my mobile. I have called so many times in their call center and they said that they will send me setting but I have not received yet. Is anyone here who can send me these settings and I also need BIS plan for my internet uses. I think about Prosumer Paln. Just tell me that will it be enough?

You should use “www” as your TCP username and password must be blank. All above setting will be enough for you. No need to change just takes care about password and username. If you have opera as web browser you then you can use internet on your mobile very easily. Basically when u activates your blackberry data plan, they just take maximum 24 hours’ and you will be activated for this service and then you just need to restart and register you mobile. You can call Vodafone costumer help center on 55666 from your Vodafone number