Thread: iphone 4 disconnects from Telus 3G network continuously while tethering

iphone 4 disconnects from Telus 3G network continuously while tethering

I have iphone 4 with iOS 4.1.1 and I am living in Canada. I am taking my cellular services from Telus 3g company. I am facing one strange problem. Whenever I try to tethering my mobile with notebook, its start droping signal (3G connections) and also drop connection with laptop for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds it came back to its cellular network and also establishes its connection with laptop. This cycle happens after every 3 to 4 minutes. I am experiencing it with my 4 iphone4 unites and all are with iOS 4.1. I have used these on my two different laptops under different different tower locations. Is anyone else here who is facing same problem with Telus 3G network on their iphone 4 units? Please tell what the solution of this problem is?

Re: iphone 4 disconnects from Telus 3G network continuously while tethering

I am also victim of this same problem. I am facing this when I updated my version to IOS 4.1.1 and I am also seeing this problem with my friends who just updated their mobile to iOS 4.1 versions. I have tried lots of technique but still I am failed. Have reset my mobile phone setting and have done complete phone restore to factory’s default settings but just got failed. I have called to Telus about this issue and they are blaming Apple for this and apple is finger at iOS 4.1 for the problem. One possibility I am seeing is, we have to install iphone configuration tool and then try to catch console debug while problem is happening and store it on text file and then send it apple to get best support from them.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hello everybody here. I am in different problem on same mobile. From last day my mobile is loosing signal continuously. I have restored my mobile, took out my mobile and inserted it again but nothing solved my problem. But after sometime I found that when my 3G is on my mobile is losing connection and when I make it off, its start receiving calls. I do not know what is wrong with 3G networks. Please if anybody known to this problem please tells me here on this forum. And one thing more, I am using Fido network services.

Same problem here with me. I am using Bell’s network for my 3G services and my unit is still disconnecting. All this is happening after upgrading my mobile to IOS 4.1. It’s reconnecting after every 4 to 5 minutes. I have restored my complete factory setting but nothing has changed my situation. I sent it to apple services and they tested it on their system and found that after every 130 seconds it’s disconnecting. They exchanged my iphone 4 with new one. I restore it and now again facing same problem. I am not able to get back IOS 4.02. Please tell me, what to do now?

Hey hello friend! I am also using iphone 4 with IOS 4.1 version. I have no complaint with my mobile. Even I am happy with its feature and performance. I am able to use 3G services very happily and I do not what kind of issue you are discussing here. And please tell me what is tethering? Maybe I can help you after knowing this feature. Thanks all of you.

It is technique to use your mobile with laptop or ipad for using internet services. In other words “tethering is to using cell phone as modem to connect with another device and using internet service.” Normally people use it with 3G enabled mobiles. You can make your connection via USB cable or via Bluetooth. Tethering allow peoples to go online and use internet on laptops, PDA in remote condition where no other source is available

I made call to Apple about the trouble. I was clever to find it escalate two levels past the front line of protection. They called me that I am the only person who has reported the subject and, I presume, that means that there is no problem I think the next step will be to book an meeting and the local Apple Genius Bar and have them tether one (if possible more) of their iphone4's to a Mac. I know it would not tether correctly. I will make one video recorded for You Tube then I will send them one link of that video. I hope then they will take some action.

i am having the same issue with bell canada, this is unacceptable and we should all start documenting our conversations with bell mobility about this problem, they clearly are mocking the customers here and action needs to be taken.

We are paying for an unusable service, i am wondering now as per our end user contract, are they even liable to provide us a working service as a paying customers ? They are probably bold enough to sell something that may or may not work leaving us with no options but to pay for nothing.

can someone here enlighten me on the subject ?