Thread: Windows 7 touchpad sensitivity problem in Sony VAIO

Windows 7 touchpad sensitivity problem in Sony VAIO

I recently upgraded from windows vista to windows 7 in my Sony VAIO. On windows vista it was very simple to adjust the sensitivity of my touchpad so my cursor would not go around while I am typing as well as overlapping my words. Now that I have windows 7 I am not able to find the settings for this issue. This is really irritating please help.

Re: Windows 7 touchpad sensitivity problem in Sony VAIO

To solve this sensitivity related issues. First Right-press on My Computer as well as after that choose Properties in the context menu. This will opens System Properties dialog box. After that press on the Hardware tab plus then on the Device Manager. Here you will find an entry titled Mice and other pointing devices in the ‘Device Manager’ window. When you double-press on this entry, it give you an idea about the touchpad as a PS/2 Compatible mouse. And then Right-hit on this entry to get to the properties of the touchpad, choose ‘Advanced Settings’, as well as after that press on Sample Rate. You will be able to reduce the degree of sensitivity here.

Hey if you want to Adjust Laptop Touchpad for Windows 7.press the start button in the bottom left corner of your screen plus after that choose Control Panel. Press Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel selections. Press Mouse from in the Devices plus Printers category. Choose either Left-Handed or Right-Handed in the Button Configuration section based on your preference. Put your pointer over the slide bar in the Double Click Speed section. Hold the left mouse button below your touchpad plus slide the bar in the direction of Slow or fast, depend how you would like your keypad to perform. Take your finger of the left mouse button as well as double press the folder next to the section. Adjust the slide bar based how on fast or slow the folder responds as well as your own comfort level. Choose Apply plus OK once the Laptop Touchpad reacts the way you like.

Most touch pads contain software to adjust them. Verify the far correct of the taskbar in addition to observe if there is something connected to your touchpad there. on the other hand, go into your control panel, select Mouse and Pointers, in addition to in hardware you be supposed to observe your touch pad. If you choose it there be supposed to be an option for properties or advanced in there. Select it after that you will be supposed adjust the sensitivity from there.

first of all did you go to Sony's tech support site as well as download or install the entire Windows 7 drivers for your hardware if your answer is no then that is your next step to do. There will be touchpad drivers which will allow you to do what you require with it.so first go for to download touchpad driver after that install it properly and after it you will get solution to your problem.
    Last edited by Kickapoo; 10-12-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Change the touchpad sensitivity from the control panel. Possibly decrease the sensitivity will resolve the trouble. In Windows OS go to your control panel, as well as choose hardware and sound. After that press mouse plus while the new window pops up choose the settings tab. From there you be able to change the sensitivity. If your mouse appears with its own software you might be able to change the settings from the system panel. However your mouse above the icons close to the system clock, plus look for an icon that is titled touchpad or mouse. You be able to press this icon in addition to adjust settings. Then Remove the touchpad drivers from device manager in addition to reinstall. Occasionally there will be able to driver errors that are stopping the touchpad from working. Device manager will be able to access through control panel in Windows systems. Since tour USB drive is available simply in explore mode create the doubt of virus infection in your computer or laptop. You be able to either manually search for Virus or use several update antiviruses.