Thread: iTunes 9.2:iOS 4 Upgrade error

iTunes 9.2:iOS 4 Upgrade error

I have a Apple iPhone 3GS with Windows XP as the operating system. And recently in stall the iTunes 9.2. There are lot of problem in the device regarding the Back up of the mobile, crash in the mobile tools, also there is problem in the mobile device manager. For the problem not able to make a back up of the 3G mobile. I tried to upgrade the device software(iOS 4), but the abort occurs during the upgrade. What can I do? Any suggestion….
    Last edited by Gavinovo; 08-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Re: iTunes 9.2:iOS 4 Upgrade error

I had the similar issue, but now it fixed. First I uninstall the Apple iPhone device helper, for that go to Control panel then Software Management. Change the name of the folder or save the content in the other folder. Browse the folder; go to Documents & Settings then User then Application Data and then Apple. Again install the iTunes and then try to install the software. Try this, hope this will help you.

Reformat the hard drive, before try any option, I think it is an hardware issue. I found that maximum of the Apple products are having the issue with the iTunes. Do you recently install any software in the device, scan the software via connect with your computer. Sometimes any changes in the hardware or in the software may create any problem. If there is any issue on this then try to reinstall all the firmware.

Similar issue with my iPhone, some errors are occurring, for that I am unable to update the iOS any version in the device. My phone is no longer to communicate with the iTune. I turned off the device then again switch on, but no result, I replaced all the software with the fresh version, whenever I tried to connect it with the iTune the phone is hanged for a while, then I reboot it, and it works. Any idea on this problem.

re: iTunes 9.2:iOS 4 Upgrade error

The iToner is the cause for the issue, variety the version of the application. Because the iToner is not compatible with the iTune , due to some changes made in the iToner. I think either you lost or you remove the default or custom iTune from the device, for that you are facing the problem with the device upgrade and also the synchronization that is mentioned in the post. I had the similar issue, but after update the iToner into 2.0.6 the problem is now fix.