Thread: Acer Aspire 1640 BIOS not seeing new hard drive

Acer Aspire 1640 BIOS not seeing new hard drive

I am having one issue with the Acer Aspire 1640 which is not detecting the hard driver of mine. I was working with the device and suddenly the it hangs and gives the Blue Screen which i was unable to read and the system rebooted and asking me to insert the bootable device. I have then checked into the BIOS and does not find anything like hard device. It is not detecting the hard device of mine. If any one know about the same then please help me to get rid of the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Acer Aspire 1640 BIOS not seeing new hard drive

I think this is the issue with the connector which is connected between board and hard drive. If the connector is failing to function properly then you might get the issue with the same. So i will advise you to go with the installation of the new cable for the same and see whether you are getting it work with the same or not. Just let me know about the same.

First of all thanks for the quick response of yours that you have given me regarding the issue of mine and let me tell you that i have installed the new connector for the same and after that when rebooting the system getting the same error. I am unable to fix it so if you are having more solution for same then please let me know about it.

I think now you have to check for the failure of the hard drive. I will advise you to take the hard drive and then connect the same with any other computer and check whether it is detected by any other computer or not. Just go through the same and let me know what result you got with the same. I think something wrong with the hard drive.

This is also possible that the issue is because of the BIOS which is not detecting the device of yours. Just do one thing use the Flash BIOS program and flash the BIOS to the latest version of the BIOS and then try to boot with the system. I hope that flashing BIOS will resolve the issue. So just t ry this out to work with the issue.

As per my knowledge the Hard drive of your got corrupted and that is why not functioning properly. I will just advise you to go to the computer hardware repairing shop and ask about the problem that you are going through. If the hard drive is need to fix then they will do the same. I hope this will resolve the issue of yours other wise you have to buy the new hard drive.