Thread: Acer Aspire 8730G BIOS Password

Acer Aspire 8730G BIOS Password

Hi I have the AS 8730G. From my friend's mother's friend has set a BIOS password (Supervisor). Now it brings it out no longer, and he says he was not. now my question is there a master password for it or can I reset this password? And what do I do for solving it? I am grateful for every answer. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Acer Aspire 8730G BIOS Password

I do not know if that still goes, but ever taken out battery? I understand that the password is then reset again (but I think you have to let the battery out for a while..). I am not sure that it will work, but you can atleast give a try. If nothing is working then you will have to send it to service center. No other option.

The password is thus probably not even reset (which is stored in a separate chip AFAIK), but what happens to the BIOS? If the reset to the default settings or any? In the former, at least I could boot up the system. However, I fear that no way will lead past repair by Acer. Does anyone know if the device needs to be sent for or whether to make its service partners in your local workshops and how expensive something is about.

The only way is to disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes. Thereafter, all the BIOS settings have been restored. If you are not able to do it, then surely the password has been entered by a person, not the factory BIOS password. Otherwise try the CmosPwd application which is useful for recovering the BIOS password of your system.

If you cannot access the machine after it has been powered up, it is still achievable to get past the BIOS password. The BIOS password is accumulated in CMOS memory that is maintained while the PC is powered off by a small battery, which is connected to the motherboard. If you eliminate this battery, all CMOS information (Including the BIOS password) will be lost. You will require re-entering the correct CMOS setup information to utilize the machine. The machines owner or user will most expected be alarmed when it is discovered that the BIOS password has been deleted.

There are several motherboards, the battery is attached to the motherboard, due to which it gets complicated to eradicate. If this is the case, you have another option. Somewhere on the motherboard should you discover a jumper that will unambiguous the BIOS password. If you have the motherboard credentials, you will know where that jumper is. If not, the jumper may be labeled on the motherboard. If you are not fortunate enough for either of these to be the case, you may be able to conjecture which jumper is the correct jumper. Usually this jumper is standing alone near the battery. If you cannot situate this jumper, you might both short of the points where the battery connects to the motherboard.