Thread: Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages in blackberry torch

Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages in blackberry torch

I have a blackberry torch mobile phone and the phone was working very much to my expectation but from few weeks the universal search feature in the phone creates a number of issues as it does not properly shows all the results and especially in the Text Messages. So, what should i do to resume universal search properly finds and shows all search results but after a while it stops finding or showing certain results, especially text messages. Any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the problem.

Re: Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages in blackberry torch

The solution t o these issue is the format of the phone but the point that should be kept in mind is that you have to first Back up all the data which can be done as Make definite your Blackberry is linked to your laptop via the USB cable, after that Open RIM’s Desktop Manager in your laptop. If you do not have the Manager then you can install it from your Blackberry CD/DVD that you get with phone at the time of purchase or download it from Blackberry website. And then click on the back up options after that reformat the blackberry phone to see the changes.

Re: Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages in blackberry torch

I have tried the steps that you have provided above and rebooted the phone from the RIM's Desktop Manager but the result was the same still i am not getting up with the universal search in the blackberry torch. So, please provide some other solution which can work in the phone and the text messages should provide the proper solution and search result to me.

These problem is very often in most of the blackberry torch phone s from the launch of the phone, you can overcome these issue for that you have to downland the latest device software 6.0.0.246 from the internet . It is available on the internet for free of cost.so just download these device software from any of the website which provides the download of ti and the search issues will be resolved on the phone.

Universal search on the Blackberry 9800 Torch is not maximized to explore the device the equivalent way the native search application worked on the Blackberry Bold. Universal search is maximized to explore the web and social media, and the device search characteristic is attractive much an afterthought. Too bad, because there are abundance of third party applications those searches the web and social media, but there are no third party applications that will search a Blackberry device the way the Blackberry Bold native search application did in the past. So for the solution you have to contact the blackberry customer care assistance as it is a very rare problem.

If you are not finding the solution form the above then you have to perform the following to get the required solution, first you have to Backup your device and then reboot the blackberry torch phone. Then perform a security wipe on the phone, the instruction for that is given on the blackberry manual and on the website. Finally test the search feature, see if the search is consistent or not and then restore the back up to see the changes; if then too you are not able to get the solution then you have to contact the customer care assistance of the blackberry or go to the service center to get the issue fixed there.