Thread: POP3 Email settings on Blackberry Torch 9800

POP3 Email settings on Blackberry Torch 9800

Recently i have change my cell phone from Windows Mobile to the Blackberry Torch 9800 but when tried to email from the new phone then it didn't worked. It said that the username or password is wrong. I am having two POP emails but neither of them was working on this phone. And there is no way to setup it manually i guess. Please help me!

Re: POP3 Email settings on Blackberry Torch 9800

Depending on the business and personal email requirements, you can set up e-mail vote in your BlackBerry smartphone between two options. With your BlackBerry smartphone, you can send e-mails received by up to ten supported e-mail accounts. The setup is easy and can line your computer or directly to your smartphone on Survey on.

First you should make sure that the BlackBerry has been successfully registered. This happens automatically the first time you power up. In the message list will appear this message. If no number or mail it was already deleted, the registration process will be repeated again. Go to Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table (HRT). Here is the menu button on and select Register Now.

After accessing the web portal displays the login window. Click here to create a new account. After that the terms and conditions are acceptable. It goes on to query the PIN and IMEI number. Should immediately appear when you click on the following registration dialog box, the BlackBerry has already been registered. The telephone number varies from provider to provider. For example, T-Mobile has been trying to register a BlackBerry that is already registered with Vodafone.

As long as no e-mail account was set up immediately a wizard starts with the query of the necessary data for the first push account. You can specify any account that is accessible via POP3 or IMAP. Even the access to an Outlook Web Access (OWA) interface is possible. Alternatively, one of the BlackBerry device directly assign an e-mail address. Enter your e-mail address and associated password to log in to your account. The wizard is now trying to determine a suitable configuration. This may take a while...

Typically, calls to his e-mails already from an email client like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. In the configuration of the clients the information is given as well. Check that what are the parameters that need to be set in front of POP and an IMAP for your mobile network. This parameter are the main factor which supports your phone for emailing.

Through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you can associate your smartphone with a Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes or Novell GroupWise Company account. If you have received an activation password from your system administrator, you can set up your e-mail via this option. Choose the setup wizard on your smartphone, select 'I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If you do not have a corresponding password, contact your administrator.