Thread: BlackBerry Storm and Thinkpad W510 USB 3.0 port not compatible

BlackBerry Storm and Thinkpad W510 USB 3.0 port not compatible

I have a blackberry Storm with no installation CD or USB port. I would like the blackberry messenger options, I saw that on the blackberry site it can download on the computer and then put it thanks to software installation usb 3.0 out and I have not. Do you know how I can do or you know another method to install bbm on a blackberry? I am using Thinkpad W510 laptop. I do not have internet on my phone and I'm at the operator Virgin Mobile. Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: BlackBerry Storm and Thinkpad W510 USB 3.0 port not compatible

You need to use tethering action that is to attach two devices together to enable one to use the other as a modem (in other words, using his internet connection). One branch therefore generally a mobile phone (an iPhone here, but it is also possible to do with a BlackBerry or a phone running Android) to a laptop and you can surf through the cellular network (3G, + and 3GS/3G 4G coming soon).

USB 3.0 is on its merry way and after external hard drives formatted USB 3.0, it is the turn of USB key. To assess this USB stick, You need to used card USB 3.0 Icy Box IB-the AC604 offers two USB 3.0 ports managed by the famous NEC chip. The tests consisted in measuring the sequential and random flow with 512 KB Crystal Disk Mark. We also performed file transfers to and from an SSD of 128 GB Crucial C300 which flows allowed not to limit ourselves.

USB 3.0 in its chipsets general public before 2011. Without this support, the SuperSpeed USB and theoretical speeds of around 5 Gb / s may well remain confined, throughout 2010, with a few machines and motherboards upscale. Without integrating the chipset USB 3.0 standard, manufacturers are indeed forced to turn to external solutions, such as the controller on the market for a few months NEC. The alternative is, therefore it is more expensive, and a limited interest for the time being, insofar as other interfaces such as eSATA can overcome the shortcomings of USB 2.0.

USB 3.0 is not widespread. You can not really blame the manufacturers of hard drives: there are very few machines with USB 3.0 ports, and therefore still very few buyers. Fortunately, the market is not stuck in a classic pattern of the egg and the chicken where sellers wait motherboard vendors to adopt the hard drives USB 3.0 and vice versa. Since the beginning of the year, announcements of compatible motherboards are legion, and many other USB drives and external hard drives SuperSpeed increasing rapidly.