Thread: How to unlock BlackBerry torch 9800

How to unlock BlackBerry torch 9800

My uncle gifted me the new Blackberry Torch 9800 from the New York and now I am looking to use it with my India sim card for which I have to unlock my Blackberry mobile phone. As I am the new user to this Blackberry mobile phone I don't know how to unlock my mobile phone. I need a proper instruction about how I could unlock the Blackberry Torch 9800 phone successfully. So please guide me with the proper solution to get solve out with my problem.

Re: How to unlock BlackBerry torch 9800

As you are looking to unlock your Blackberry mobile phone the you should get the unlock code from the website of BlackberryMep and then insert any sim card in your phone and make sure that you turn off all the wireless connection of the phone and then go to the option and choose the Advanced option from where you have to select your sim card and type MEPD and you wont able to find any info and then type the MEP2 and now it will ask you to type the unlock code so just enter the code and now your mobile phone is unlock successfully
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

In order to unlock your Blackberry mobile phone first you have to ensure that you have turn off all your wireless devices in your mobile phone and then just insert the sim card which is not accepted by your mobile phone and then you will be pop-up with the message to enter the unlock code which you can find out from many website on internet. You just input the unlock code and then press the enter you phone will be unlock after that you have to go to the manage connection and turn on your mobile network.

You can unlock your mobile phone in two ways but in both the way you need an unlock code but I will prefer the second option as I have done in my Blackberry phone successfully. You have to go to the option and then select the device and then select the Advanced system setting and then the sim card you want to use on the phone and type the MEPD for which there would be no text appear on the screen and enter the MEP code and then press the Alt button. As you will enter the unlock code confirm the code and then your phone will be unlock.

Instructions for unlocking Blackberry 9800 Torch

Warning! The Wireless Mode MUST BE OFF before performing the given SIM Unlock instructions in order to avoid causing the device from becoming defective.

How to turn Wireless Mode Off:

1. Scroll to the Airplane Icon (Turn Wireless Off.)

2. Press Select.

3. Wireless Mode will turn off.

How to SIM Unlock the device:

1. Go to the "Options" screen

2. Select the "SIM Card" option

3. Type ALT-MEPD (hold ALT key while typing the 4 Letters, M-E-P-D)

4. Release the ALT key; it should then display a list "SIM, Network, Network Subset, etc..."

5. To select "Network" type ALT-MEPE (since E is the Key that gives 2 when shifted)

6. Release the ALT key, it should then ask for the code

7. Enter the unlock code provided.

Note: In case of difficulties when entering the code please try the alternative instructions below:

Alternative Instructions how to enter the unlock code.

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps. We recommend using the SIM card that your phone is currently working with *****

1. Go to settings

2. Go to options

3. Go to advanced options

4. Go to SIM card

5. Type MEPD (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)

6. Does it say Network active? If so your phone is locked

7. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)

8. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the 16 digit unlock code, press in the jog dial to confirm

9. Your phone is now unlocked.
    Last edited by Bindusar.I; 02-11-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Hey, always keep in mind that all phones have a limited number of attempts to enter the code. The loss of these attempts to mistreat the security key code of the phone and may never be back on again. It is simple to unlock Blackberry 9800 Torch form any network provider. You have purchased a code for a trusted site and follow the instructions of the word, the phone will be unlocked without any problem. I have the code for my Blackberry as UnlockGenie Torch. It worked for me without any problems. I suggest you do the same to unlock the phone.

Hello, my phone is a BlackBerry Torch 9800 it was locked to Orange. I typed some random code to unlock my phone and I lost 4 attempts. Then one of my co-workers told me about this unlocking websites. I placed an order with that website they sent me the original unlock code of my phone. Now my phone is free network locks and restriction. Thank