Thread: iPhone 3G with an Airtel Sim Card

iPhone 3G with an Airtel Sim Card

I am using an Airtel Sim card on my phone and I have recently bought a new iPhone 3G on which I wish to use my current Airtel Sim Card. Actually I have tried putting my sim card in this iPhone but there was no network signals. I guess I have to unlock my iPhone 3G to use this Sim Card. Can anybody tell me how can I unlock my iPhone 3G? Is there anybody who have ever used any Airtel Sim Card on an iPhone 3G?

Re: iPhone 3G with an Airtel Sim Card

I think it is possible to buy an Apple iPhone 3G from an Airtel Store itself which would be even better for you as you will not need to unlock your iPhone to use an Airtel network on your phone. I know that it is bit scary sometime to unlock an iPhone as it is not recommended by an Apple to unlock the phone in order to use the any network sim card on it. And many people have found it harmful for an iPhone after jailbreaking it. There many different kind of feature problems after unlocking the iPhone. Anyway I suggest you to have a look to a webpage which shows you the procedure to buy an Airtel iPhone 3G(S).

I guess you have bought a new iPhone 3G already and you need to use an Airtel Sim Card, There is only one way left by which it would be possible to use your current airtel sim card on your new iPhone 3G ie. by unlocking it. Though it would have been more better if you have initially bought it from an airtel itself as you might be offered to get the new iPhone with the same number as that of your current SIM card. Anyway, Here I have found a perfect way to unlock your iPhone 3G.

There are lots and lots of tools available for free online which helps you to unlock an iPhone with latest iOS 4 firmware. Here I have provided some of the tools as follows which you can use to unlock your phone. It would be much better if you use Windows OS based computer system to unlock your iPhone as there could be any kind of incompatibility issue of the software which you use on the Mac OS X. Following are some of the famous tools which most of the peoples uses to unlock an Iphone and they are perfectly compatible with Windows machines.
    • QuickPwn
    • ultrasn0w
    • PwnageTool

If the iPhone 3G will be locked to Airtel network, they can work with any SIM card Airtel existing operator has not (yet?) Announced plans specific to the iPhone, nor the price. Vodafone, which is the other operator to offer 3G iPhone in India should also announce the availability of the iPhone 3G in its network. The iPhone has never taken off in India particularly, the lack of first prize, Rs. 28000/- without subsidy for iPhone 3G 8 GB, facing a gray market that sells almost 20% cheaper.