Thread: BlackBerry DHCP problem

BlackBerry DHCP problem

Hello,
    I just bought a BlackBerry Curve 8520 (this is my first Blackberry) and when I set up my wifi connection (distributed by Apple TimeCapsule in WPA/WP2 Staff) Blackberry tells me: "Failed to obtain an IP address "in the Diagnostic and advanced system, the error listed is:" The IP address is no longer valid". So everything went well except the receipt of an IP address via DHCP, I off my laptop that receives very good IP address via DHCP. I also set a reserved IP address for the BlackBerry but it does not change anything. I hope someone has a solution for me. Thank you for you help.

Re: BlackBerry DHCP problem

It all happens at home or in a place where wireless configuration can be easily changed? If so, experiment by removing the access security temporarily to see wifi and then try different security configurations. I guess I am correct here and this has helped you.

I do not know what is the system that equips the curve, but sometimes from one OS to another, access happens very easily and is virtually impossible (I changed my OS for the bold it previously), currently, wifi without any concern, both with a terminal airport + cable operator than any other free or abroad as required.

I'm good at my neighbor (well in front of his home) which has an unsecured network and that does not use a terminal at Apple (a D-Link if I remember correctly). No worries with the laptop but still impossible to have an IP address on the Curve. So I tend to say that there is a problem with the firmware of the camera. Change OS, I do not risk anything, he has not even one day, I too want to find myself with a brick ... There is no way to reinstall the entire OS on the device? If yes, where do I find it?

Change OS that requires a desire to cheat and read the procedure (address in my signature: changing OS. For choice: read what was said before changing. I have no experience of the curve and I do not read too much what is said about its OS, look in the forum asked if which has the same model, the fact that the blackberry is unlocked and Walloon not alter the possibility of another OS.