Thread: Force Blackberry to use POP

Force Blackberry to use POP

I am running with the old mail server which is having the IMAP only. What i want is to configure the device of mine with the POP. I have gone through lots of article but nothing helping me out with the proper solution. They only advise me to upgrade the mail server only. If any one can then please let me know about the same. Thank you.

Re: Force Blackberry to use POP

I will advise you to go with the Advance integration option which will allow you to configure the IMAP and POP. With the help of the Advance Integration option you can easily enter the POP server. So if you can then try the same and see whether you are getting it work with the issue of yours or not. I hope this will resolve the issue of yours.

It is better to hear from some one about the working of the same but one more problem that need to solve. I am not aware of the working with the Advance Integration Working option. If you are having the knowledge for apply advance integration option then let me know about the working of the same. A help may be appreciated.

If you wanted to know about the integration and working of the same then i will advise you to go with the below given link which is having the solution for the same. I have gone through the detail and let me tell you that this will help you with the same. Here are the link for the same. Also let me know if it is not working with you so that i can found more solution for same.

I have gone through the detail that you have described me to work with the advance integration option but after going through all the above to get it working with the same, but after trying all the step i am unable to work with the third-party email account. If you can then help me with this also. Waiting for reply.

There are lots of reason for getting the problem with the same issue. here i am listing some of the reason behind the same.

• The integration details are incorrect.
    • The messaging server is using an unsupported port number.
    • Messaging server does not use a Post Office Protocol (POP) or Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) connection.
    • The address of the POP or IMAP messaging server has recently changed.
    • The POP or IMAP messaging server is not responding.
    • The mailbox for the specific BlackBerry smartphone user is not accessible.
    • The messaging server does not accommodate multiple connections to the mailbox.
    • The inbox of the third-party email account contains email messages larger than 8 MB.
    • The inbox of the third-party email account contains too many email messages.
    • A firewall is blocking the BlackBerry Internet Service servers.
    • The BlackBerry Internet Service is unable to connect to the messaging server due to a Domain Name System (DNS) configuration update or change.
    • An email account with the same address has already been created.

If nothing from the above replies are working for you than i will advise you to contact the Blackberry support team for the issue that you are going through and you will get the proper help regarding the issue which you are going through. So contact and see whether you are getting the proper help for the same or not.