Thread: wifi problem with blackberry storm 2 9520

wifi problem with blackberry storm 2 9520

Yesterday, I purchased Blackberry storm 2 9520 mobile. It my fist blackberry mobile. I bought this specially for wi-fi feature but I am very unlucky. Today when I connected it with my wi-fi it gave me one error that unable to get IP address. I do not know what wrong going with it is. As I explained above that it is my first mobile, therefore I am not having enough knowledge about its features. It is also first expensive mobile I am using and do not want to see it in these types of problem.

Re: wifi problem with blackberry storm 2 9520

It depends on your wireless carrier. I think so it is happening because you have not activated any blackberry data plan on your mobile to use wi-fi services. You should call your services to know that how to configure wi-fi settings properly on your mobile. Also go to your nearest Blackberry supporting staff center to know more about your blackberry mobile and its function. You might be having on user manual to come out form this problem s.

Thanks for this thread. I also purchased one new blackberry storm one week ago. Whenever I try to use it on my father’s wi-fi, it gives me error. After reading your solution I call to my service provider and they told me that there is no need of Blackberry Internet Service Data plan to use wi-fi. The reply you post here it was very common and I had already read that in my user manual. But user manual is no helpful to activate my wifi.

Might be you making some problem with your wi-fi. I have some manual setting to add wifi network; click on set UP Wi-fi and then go NEXT. Now Click on Manually Add Network tab. Write here network name or service set identifier. Now press ADD button. Add security for the Wi-Fi network form Security menu. Specify the required security credentials. Click Connect to manually add and connect to a Wi-Fi network.