Thread: Aspire 5738DG Operating System Language Change

Aspire 5738DG Operating System Language Change

I have got brand new laptop as a gift from a friend but an only problem is that this laptop has an Mandarin Chinese language. I do not know any other languages other then an English. So please help me to change the language of my laptop to the English. I am not touching anything after booting up my laptop as i don't know where i can go wrong. Please suggest me that how to change the language? I just know that it is Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Aspire 5738DG Operating System Language Change

In Windows 7 may be changed (as with Vista) the language with so-called language packs and language switch completely, as if it had been installed in that language. Each user can change his language individually. The so-called language packs can be downloaded as an update to the Ultimate version.

If you want to change the display language of your Windows 7 os then go through the following steps.
    1.In Control Panel, under Clock, Language, and Region "," install display languages "Choose the item.
    2. New window installation display languages select.
    3. Select that you want to download the voice file from Windows Update, or if you have you been on the computer computer search, and select the file.
    4.Now Next, accept the licensing terms and begin the installation.
    Now you have an additional language in Windows 7 Ultimate installed and can exchange them to your heart's content.

1. Command prompt window with administrator rights Open. click the right mouse button on "command prompt" and "run as administrator" - Click under "accessories all programs". When in doubt, choose a similarly worded menu, I can now see no longer, because with me now, "All Programs - Run as administrator Accessories - - prompt" is
    2. In the command prompt window type the following line and press Enter:
    • dism / online / add-package / packagepath: d: \ lang packs \ en-us \ Lp.cab

3. After the message "The operation completed successfully" on "Windows key + R" to run the Registry Editor Regedit. There should be a new key \ HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ MUI \ UILanguages \ en-exist. The key \ HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ MUI \ UILanguages \ en-US is deleted.
    4. Reboot. Windows 7 Professional is now switched to the English language version.
    5. What problems can be connected to this, I do not know. "Officially," can the "professional" version switch does not last. Comments are not only welcome but strongly encouraged!
    6. Addendum (2009-09-05): Who cares that remains "Starting Windows" message when booting, cannot also change the (a thank you to an unknown guest in winmatrix.com ):
    • bcdedit / set (current) locale en-
    • bcdboot% WinDir% / l de-de

The language of Windows Vista and Windows 7 was previously only switch to the Ultimate, Business and Enterprise editions. The program Vistalizator can also users of other versions of the language of the operating system can easily switch. Just the program to download the required language pack with the tool Vistalizator enable download and use the new language.