Thread: Blackberry 9550 storm 2 Video Format Supported HELP

Blackberry 9550 storm 2 Video Format Supported HELP

Hello everyone here! I am using Blackberry 9550 mobile and it’s working very well. I have no complained yet. But I want to about some video formats. I would like to ask that, Does PSP video format work with blackberry mobile. Means my mobile will be able to play such files? Is there any converter which will convert DVD format videos to work with my Blackberry mobile? I have lots of DVD videos and I am not able to use them with my mobiles. Please if anyone has solution, share with me?

Re: Blackberry 9550 storm 2 Video Format Supported HELP

I do not think so that DVD and psp videos will work with your blackberry 9500. It supports all media files.
    You can run MP4, M4A, 3GP and 3GP2. These are some basic format which will work without any problem. In this some videos format may require MPEG4 codec. Some other videos formats which will play are AVI, ASF, WMV and WMA. . All these videos require simple profile with 30 frames per seconds and 480x360 pixels.

Thanks for the solution and your important advice. I know all these videos works with my format. All this information is written in my manual. I have played lots of MPEG-4 videos on my mobile and they worked well but some videos did not work and I got error unsupported file, while these are also MPEG4 videos. Can you explain me why it is happening to me? My main question was about DVD and psp videos formats?

DVD and psp videos will not work with your mobile. I think so OS of your mobile does not support these formats. Steyn has already explained that how MPEg-4 works on your mobile. Some of MPEG4 files have different frame rate and different pixel clarity which is not supportable by your mobile displays. To runs MPEG-4 you have to specify some condition “Simple profile level 3, 480 x 360 pixels, up to 2 Mbps, 30 frames per second”. If your videos are under this condition it will run otherwise your media player will not play it.

You can no run DVD files on your mobile but if you want to run these files on your system you have to convert them to supporting format. I know software which can convert DVD to blackberry videos and it is called BlackBerry Converter Suite. To download it clicks here. It’s about 10.9 MB file, just download and install it and try to convert your files for blackberry. I do not know about how psp will work but as soon as possible I will update this thread.

Open your BlackBerry Desktop Manager. And Click on Synchronization under the Configuration tab. Now just select the Synchronization option and highlight the application that is giving the error, and click Advanced and then click Map Folder on the right window, select the location to synchronize, and select Remove. Now on the Left window, select the same location to synchronize, and select Add. Click OK three times. Click Synchronize to perform synchronization.

Thanks for this software I was just looking for this type of application but was not able to find it. I have installed this application on my system but I am not able to use. I am adding videos in it but it’s not converting my file. Maybe it would convert but I am also unknown how to find it output folder. Please guide me to use this application if you can. Thanks again.