Thread: Blackberry Storm 9550 caller ID not working

Blackberry Storm 9550 caller ID not working

I have recently purchased the new blackberry storm 9550 from the market and the phone is very good in performance and in the looks. I am using vodafone as my service provider with the phone but the problem with the phone is that when i make a call or receive a call there is no number flashing on the screen. So, what should i do in order to overcome these issue as i am unable to get the missed call details.

Re: Blackberry Storm 9550 caller ID not working

The blackberry storm 9550 flashes the number with the name when any one makes a call or receives a call. The network provider is vodafone and they do not provide such kind of service so first tell me what actual message you get when you make a call or receive a call on the screen of the phone, that will make my task easier to overcome your issue.

When i make a call or receive a call from the other person, the number of the particular person does not display there and i get a message as "No Number" and "Unknown User" on the screen. It creates a number of problem as the missed calls or receive calls list is not generated on the phone which is a problem for me.So, provide a solution to fix the issue .

The error messages "No Number " and "Unknown User" that you have mentioned above comes mostly when there is a problem from the network provider sides that is vodafone in your case. To resolve these issue you have to contact the network provider that is vodafone and get the problem fix by them, these will resolve your issue of the caller ID.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have contacted the Vodafone customer care and stated the problem to them about the Caller ID and they replied that there is no problem in the network and these problem might occur due to the problem in your phone. So now what should i do to overcome the trouble please help to resolve the problem.

As you have mentioned that there is no problem from the network provider side then it seems that the blackberry storm has a problem. The option available to you is go for the replacement of the phone if your cell phone is in the warranty period and if not then go to the service center for the repair of the phone, these are the options available with you to resolve your issue of the Caller ID.