Thread: Acer aspire 8930 sudden death

Acer aspire 8930 sudden death

I have a very big problem with my Acer 8930 laptop , overnight, no longer wants to start , just a blue screen that appears is called Blue of Dead . Here's my setup :
    Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.1 GHz @ T 5660 (I think it's 5660 but not sure in any case in 56xx )
    RAM : 4GB DDR2
    Chart: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    DD: Western Digital 320 GB 7200rpm
    So I summarize , I start the computer , Windows starts , so I have the windows logo screen that shines , below it marked "Starting Windows ... ". Please help.

Re: Acer aspire 8930 sudden death

Go to Safe Mode , go into device manager > right click on the graphics card = uninstall ( including the pilot ), restart in normal mode and tell us what happens . I had the same problem last week on two totally different laptops : 1 was the video driver corrupted , the other a virus. For uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the second full system recovery (I like it, but frankly I do not have other alternatives.

The blue screens may have several origins. You should know what is written in this blue screen. To read it before the PC reboots do this:

* Start / Control Panel / System, Click on the link Advanced system settings.
    * Under Startup and Recovery click Settings.
    * window that opens, under System failure, uncheck the box Autostart.

This manipulation will not repair . It simply prevents the PC to reboot when failure occurs. You can read quietly while the blue screen of death and identify information that can help repair .

Check the steps:
    # Double -click Computer then right click on your partition Vista. Choose Properties then select the tab Tools.
    # Under Error Checking click Check Now.
    In the small window that opens check the 2 boxes then click Start.
    # The tool will ask if you want to schedule the audit at the next startup . Click on the button Planning ... then restart the PC.
    # The PC will much longer than usual to start. This is normal. Patient and lets do the audit. In the end, a report will appear.

You need to double -click Computer then ( C drive). Deletes the file RSIT then recovery RSIT.exe. There you should get the report info.txt in your taskbar. The report Log.txt own. And the report Info.txt should give us a list of recent log records events . I did the re-audit at the end in the report, there were 4kb in bad sectors. Stimulus for the last time the audit with the 2 boxes checked (Sometimes CHKDSK is a bit long to relax ... ), I also note that I have recently formatted the hard drive due to an error on a sector, and then again thanks to repair the system Vista DVD (I hesitate between bp from my hard drive, should I test my barrettes ram ? .. or other), If you formatted your hard lately and that has bad sectors again this is not a good sign.