Thread: acer aspire 9920 black screen

acer aspire 9920 black screen

My acer aspire 9920 is having a problem with its screen. It is not functioning properly. It is having some booting problem. Sometimes a light appears on the screen but all of sudden the screen goes black. Tell me some solutions for this. Also suggest whether it is having any problem with the motherboard or anything. Is it having any problem with the LED. It is under warranty period.so please suggest me.
    Last edited by The-Apollo; 06-10-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Re: acer aspire 9920 black screen

Their are lots of complaints related to this laptop model of acer.My friend had purchased the same laptop and he was also facing the same problem.One day we came across a solution on internet.You just have to go through the video card or the graphics card and remove the fan which is to its left.Remove the clips which is on the top of video card and just lift the heatsink and with a hair drier just blow it for sometime.And after that please dont forget to connect everything back to its place.I hope this will help you.

You are saying that the screen of acer aspire 9920 turns black. It is having a genuine problem. It may be related to the motherboard fault or any other fault related to the video/graphics card. You must check the internal settings related to the video/graphics card. If still you are having any problem with it then you must take the laptop to the service center or try some other steps.
    Last edited by Cruzz; 06-10-2010 at 05:58 PM.

It may be related to the booting problem.Because the system does not boot properly their may be some problem related to this such as the display screen turns black or the system will not work properly or the system will not boot.Once the system boots properly it will work properly.If still have any kind of query please get your laptop repaired by a professional engineer.
    Last edited by Florence_USA; 06-10-2010 at 06:06 PM.

This problem is definately related to the heating of the system. Because if it would have been related to any HDD problem then the windows will show the information through BIOS. The computer will automatically turn off if the system reaches to a certain temperature. So the temperature should be maintained properly and should not let it go above its limit. Otherwise the system will face such problems.
    Last edited by Odalis; 06-10-2010 at 06:10 PM.

This problem may be related to some driver or some kind of pressure developed on the processor.Due to overloading of system the processor faces some problems.so to avoid this you must try use of the latest drivers for the video card and then try again.And also you must try to lessen the over loading of processor so that the strain on the processor can be reduced.
    Last edited by Beverly Archer; 06-10-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Your problem is most probably related to over heating. Because your processor is strained a lot it gets overheated. So their is a solution on this problem. First of all try to reduce the load on the processor.Secondly just take your chip and blow some air so that the chip cools down. Try it for this and i am sure that you will be satisfied with this solution. It will definitely help you out.