Thread: Chinese Characters show up as squares

Chinese Characters show up as squares

I have mobile phone which is a HTC Touch and i have Windows Mobile 6 on this phone. Actually i want to view the Chinese characters on this phone which has been shown as a series of squares on my phone. How can i read the Chinese language on my HTC phone? Please help me as it would be very much helpful for me.

Re: Chinese Characters show up as squares

I have found one way by which you can go to the mactiontech.com and then acquire Monster Chinese. They only have Chinese and Korean languages for the new Windows Mobile version 6. This software comes with the 2 components. I suggest you to install the Monster Chinese and then input the methods. I hope that you do not use Calligrapher 8 software as it does not seems to be working in conjunction with the Monster Chinese.

CE-Star for WM5/6 is the first and only true Chinese/Japanese enabler software suite for Windows Mobile 5.0/6.x based devices. It integrates Chinese/Japanese enabler, handwriting recognition and dictionary. CE-Star contains over 8 Chinese input methods(pinyin, chajei, phonetic, quick chajei, cantonese, dayi, array, wubi etc) and Japanese Romaji input method. The Chinese/Japanese handwriting recognition can be in freehand mode or boxed mode.

I've been a long time in China and wanted to download the Dopod version of Cestar of DopodAsia.com. Why do I just need this version? Because it is optimized for the HTC Touch Diamond. The normal version, available from mobem.com is not working properly, or upsets the system. For example, I may not subsequently use the Compact Qwerty keyboard. Cestar is a program for inputting Chinese characters.

I suggest you to download the chinese packages for the windows mobile phone so that your phone can read chinese language as well. It might be difficult for you to get the proper package but you can get it for sure. You may contact to the nearest computer shop for English version of the Windows operating system so that you do not have to bother about anything else.