Thread: Javascript in IE on HTC HD2

Javascript in IE on HTC HD2

I am using a HTC HD2 mobile phone and it has been updated recently from the HTC. I am using an Internet Explorer on this phone to browser on any websites. I have got one websites which is my company's website, As there have been some changes such as adding the javascript on it. When i browsed my website on this phone and accessing it says that my phone does not support it. What should i do for running javascript on this phone?

Re: Javascript in IE on HTC HD2

I think that running the scripts on your browser might has been stopped by anudates. You must have got the pop up on the top pf the page where you have to click for allowing this site to run the javascript. You can allow the particular website to run any kind of script anytime. I have done the same on my Windows Mobile which HTC but no HD2.

I have collected some information about the HTC HD2 and have found that it is in an updates to block all the scripts which runs automatically while opening the webpage. Actually this feature prevents your mobile phone from getting infected by any kind of viruses as those script may run an infected in the background and these pop ups runs automatically, Virus attached to those runs as well and hence your device gets infected by the same.

Follow the instructions below to download and install the update on your device:
    1. Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista PC. You can find Microsoft ActiveSync from this link or Windows Mobile Device Center from this link.
    2. Connect and synchronize your device with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable.
    3. To download this update select the update below and the location closest to you then click Download.
    4. Copy the update, which is an .exe file, to your device. To install the update, tap the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Note: If you perform a device hard reset, you will need to reinstall the update after the hard reset.

It has been written on the HTC's webpage that if you do a Hard Reset of your phone then you need to install all these updates again which has been there in the last post as well. So it is solution for your problem as well. You need to do a Hard Reset of your phone which will fade away the effects of an update and then you may try running your website.