Thread: Daylight Savings Time / Timezone Patch for Windows Mobile 5.0 to 6.5

Daylight Savings Time / Timezone Patch for Windows Mobile 5.0 to 6.5

I am a dealer of mobile phones and i have just ordered a new HTC Touch Pro for my personal use. I want to install the Daylight Savings Time Patch for this mobile phone. I am living in an India with the 5.30+ time zone as per my knowledge. Can you guys tell me that shall i install this patch on my phone or not and how can i do the same?

Re: Daylight Savings Time / Timezone Patch for Windows Mobile 5.0 to 6.5

Before you install the tool to update the timezone of your windows mobile phone, I would like to inform you that your phone must be having a genuine version of Windows Mobile. You can download this outlook tool from an official website of Microsoft as it is officially provided for the timezone updation.

Make sure that you uninstall DST update 958729 before you install the most recent update. The start and end time of your appointments will be adjusted as a result of these update changes. The installation file (.MSI file) on your computer installs and runs the installation file (.CAB file) on your phone. However, this occurs only if your phone is connected to the computer when you run the computer installation file (.MSI file). If you attach a second phone to the same computer, you must run the installation file (.MSI file) on the computer again.

For maintaining the perfect behavior of your DST, You have to keep your Windows Mobile updated all the time. Though Microsoft does not provides the updates for its mobile version so often but still if your phone is not updated then the phone will have outdated DST rules and will not honor the new DST transition time. The clock will read one hour off actual time during the new DST period. Calendar items will be displayed one hour off actual time during the new DST period.

Please be sure to follow all steps below completely and in order. And be sure to complete ALL steps. Follow only one set of instructions below, depending on if you synchronize your device to a PC:
    • If you connect your device directly to a PC with a USB cable or cradle, follow the instructions for Windows Mobile users who connect to a PC to synchronize.
    • If do not synchronize your device or phone with your PC or you only synchronize your phone or device wirelessly with a Microsoft Exchange Server or, other e-mail and calendar systems, follow the instructions for Windows Mobile users who do not connect to their PC.

1. After installing the update; change your default time zone value to any different value.
    2. To change time zone settings on your Pocket PC Phone, tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clock & Alarms > Select a time zone from drop down for Home settings and save settings by tapping OK
    3. To change time zone settings on your Smartphone, click Start > Settings > Clock & Alarm > Date and Time > Select a time zone from drop down and save settings by clicking Done
    4. Change your time zone back to your default settings
    5. Follow the instructions in step 1
    6. Note: your device will automatically return to the default local time zone if local network time is enabled on the device