Thread: How to connect a cell phone to wifi at home

How to connect a cell phone to wifi at home

I have recently purchased a new blackberry smartphone that is the blackberry Bold 9650 which has a number of the features in it. It also has the Wifi connection feature but i don't have ant idea about the wifi connectivity. So, please provide me with some details about that and also how to connect it to use the internet in my home and in the office.
    Last edited by Lacto-bacilli; 06-10-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Re: How to connect a cell phone to wifi at home

Smartphone’s that are Wi-Fi competent permit you to access the Internet when you are in variety of a Wi-Fi set of connections/networks to which you have certified access. Wi-Fi networks or hotspots may be classified such as a residence or venture network, municipal such as a library or profitable firm such as a coffee shop or hotel or a school. Accessing your BlackBerry statistics services over Wi-Fi can supply you with an alternate means of connectivity in areas where your cell signal is weak or not obtainable. It can tender higher download speeds. By means of access to free or low-cost Wi-Fi hotspots, it can even lower your journal data costs.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have understand all the features and benefits of the wifi that i will use in the blackberry Bold 9650 smartphone. Now you provide me with the details that how can i connect my blackberry to the wifi in my office and in my house where we have a wireless internet connection any recommendation on the issue will be helpful to resolve the issue.

If you want to use the wifi connection in your house then you need to first go to the network option in the blackberry phone and then select the Wifi connectivity in the phone, it will scan and search for the connection and when a service provider is found connect to that; you are ready to use the internet connection through a wifi network.

If you want to connect the blackberry bold 9650 phone with the wifi in your office then you have to go to the wifi section and then select the connect option after that it will ask for the user id and the password that you will get from the company or the office whose wifi campus you are trying to use. If you are then too not able to connect then there is a problem with the industrial certificate or the enterprise certificate that you will require to access the internet in the office wifi connection.