Thread: TATA photon plus doesn't work on mac osx 10.6.3

TATA photon plus doesn't work on mac osx 10.6.3

I purchased my Macbook pro just last week and yesterday I also took one TATA Photon plus wireless data card to use internet on my Macbook, but I am not able to use it. I have installed the dialer and its drivers. I also edited all setting as I did on my desktop but still I am not able to make connection. I am following the same process as I did on my PC but still I am not able to use it macbook while it’s working good on PC. In setting I changed the account name by phonenumber @ttsl.in and password is change to “internet”. I know I am correct but still I am getting error. Is anybody known about this?

Re: TATA photon plus doesn't work on mac osx 10.6.3

Ok may be your drivers are not supporting your Mac OS. For every OS Tata Indicom provide different drivers and settings. You cannot use windows settings on macpro exact same. I will advise you that you should contact with Tata indicom services and tell them your problem I hope they will provide right solution for the MAC OS. Mac book is common in India and I am sure they will install its drivers on your system.

I also have same query about tata photon. Will it work with MacBook OS x. I am using Macbook and I want use TATA photon+ internet on it but I am not able to use. Actually plans which tata indicom is providing are very attractive (999 unlimited plan) and I want to use it. Speed is also very good up to 3.1 Mbps. Please advise me if it works or not, I am just ready to buy it.

If you are just looking to use TATA photon plus with macbook then I have some options for you to use it with macbook. Right now in market there are two available model AC8710 and EC1260 for photon plus and one of them AC8710 is not compatible with MAC OS x while EC1260 model will support your MAC OS X. This model is just plug and play USB router devise and it is compatible with all MAC OS.

Thanks for your reply. Actually I had purchased it and return it back to my dealer because TATA service center people were not able to provide us any help and they were completely confused with MAC OS supports. But you do not worry I will purchase it again and will use it. As you said above that it is just plug and play device. So do I have to install any special settings on my system or it will start automatically?

I read all these replies that TATA photon plus also work with non windows OS. But my query is about Linux. I want to ask you that, Ec1260 and AC8710 support Linux or not? Because I am using Linux as OS on my laptop and I want to use wireless Data card on it and TATA photon is best choice. Please give me replay as soon as possible. If it needs any specific drives and settings, then give all those detail here.

Yes dear TATA indicom also provide Tata photon for Linux OS. There only one model in my knowledge which support Linux and it is EC1260. EC1260 works with Linux but other one Ac8710 does not support Linux. I think so EC1260 is made by Huwaei technologies. it is also a plug and play USB samall router and it will directly on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by HiAlyssa View Post
    I purchased my Macbook pro just last week and yesterday I also took one TATA Photon plus wireless data card to use internet on my Macbook, but I am not able to use it. I have installed the dialer and its drivers. I also edited all setting as I did on my desktop but still I am not able to make connection. I am following the same process as I did on my PC but still I am not able to use it macbook while it’s working good on PC. In setting I changed the account name by phonenumber @ttsl.in and password is change to “internet”. I know I am correct but still I am getting error. Is anybody known about this?
    I can offer you a tip/technic to make your tata photon plus work. While your laptop is off plug in your tata phton plus card and then switch on your laptop and simaltaneously press the numerical two and three keys together and keep them pressed till your laptop has completed booting. then you will find that the laptop has recognised the card.