Thread: AIRTEL LIVE manual setup on Nokia N91

AIRTEL LIVE manual setup on Nokia N91

I am using a Nokia N91 mobile phone in pune and my network provider for this phone is an Airtel. There is one service called as Airtel Live provided by them which i need to activate on my mobile phone. Actually i have got the setup message on this phone from their side but i guess they have sent me something wrong. My mobile says that it is an unknown format. Even i need to do the manual setup on my phone due to which i am not able to use the same service. Can anybody tell me that how can i setup Airtel Live manually on my phone?

Re: AIRTEL LIVE manual setup on Nokia N91

I think you have got the wrong message settings from the Airtel which did not recognized by your phone. I would like to suggest you to call Airtel Customer Care to make them sending the settings for your mobile internet service. Make sure that you inform the mobile's model number so that they provide you the more accurate information about activating an Airtel live on your phone.

There is one more way by which you can get the GPRS settings on your phone without calling to the customer care. Actually i know that how annoying it is to wait for the customer care executive. First of all open an opera browser and enter the link in an address bar "operamini.com/help/connect/" . Now choose the phone manufacturer which must be nokia in your case. Keep on going further now by entering the correct informations.

I have seen the same problem on my Nokia phone for solving which i have to go to the Airtel Gallery where this problem gets solved. I have tried getting the Airtel Live Setup messages from an Airtel but they just did not supported my phone. I don't know what Airtel guys did to my phone but it worked for me. I guess even you should go to the Airtel Gallery so that you can get rid out of this issue.

If you are an Airtel user then here i have provided the settings that you have to do on your phone to get the GPRS settings working.
    • Homepage – any page you want to set.
    • User Name – Blank
    • Password – Blank
    • Proxy – Enabled/yes.
    • Proxy and Server Adress – 202.56.231.117
    • Proxy and Server Port – 8080
    • Data bearer – GPRS or Packet Data.
    • Access Point Name – airtelgprs.com
    • Authentication Type – Normal
    • Use preferred access point – No

Tan TA DA!!! I guess people are talking GPRS and this post has been made for setting the an AIRTEL LIVE manually on Nokia phone. I would like to clarify one thing over here is that an Airtel GPRS and Airtel live are two different service from Airtel. Airtel live is a free one which has been limited to free sites only whereas Airtel GPRS is paid service by which you can access all the websites.

Here I have provided the proper steps which you have to follow to save the Airtel Live settings on your phone. Type MO on your phone and send it to 2567 which is Toll Free Number. You must get settings soon by message which would be for an Airtel Live, Airtel mobile office i.e Airtel GPRS and Airtel MMS. Save these setting.