Thread: Photon Whiz Olive CM200 is not working on Linux

Photon Whiz Olive CM200 is not working on Linux

I bought one Tata photon plus for using wireless internet on my laptop. I am using Linux (Gentoo) on my device and problem is that I am not able to use this Tata photon on my laptop. Then I called to Tata services and they told me, model CM200 will not work with any linux OS. While when I bought it I asked them for both windows and Linux. Now I am not able to do anything with it and I am not looking to format. Now I want to ask them why they give it to me when especially I asked them for Linux and windows. So now I have to buy a new compatible device or will they change it with compatible? Will Tata Indicom provide us suitable drivers to use it on Linux? Just reply for my questions. I am ready to give you my MDN number if required. I am sure lots of peoples are facing this problem.

Re: Photon Whiz Olive CM200 is not working on Linux

It’s really very bad that you are not receiving any attention from TATA Indicom about this problem. Have you visited their gallery, I am sure they will do something for you. My brother is also facing this problem but TATA Indicom told him that they are going to built compatible driver to use it on Linux otherwise they will exchange it with new one and that will work with Linux Operating system. And also give them your TATA indicom connection details; I hope they will help you to use it…..

There is one Tata Photon model cm200 which will work with Linux easily and I am also using it with my system without any problem. Before using it you have to make a look on user manual which you can read from its main website. It is PDF file, download it on your system and then follow its instructions. All CM200 driver are given in deb format therefore to install them use binpkg ---getbinpkgonly onn your Linux Gentoo.

I know that you are facing some problem for Tata indicom but still I will say that Tata indicom provides you best services. It provides both wireless and high speed internet surfing together. They call it TATA Indicom HSIA photon. They will offer you almost up to 3.1 MBPS speed for your laptop and as well for your desktop. We use just one small USB Modern and it is very small device even you can carry it in your pocket. To use it you have to just plug in and then play and surf it.

Yes I am also agree with Odalis , I am using tata Photon data card from last six months and its speed and connectivity is awesome. I know mainly they are compatible with windows only because almost 90% people of India use windows OS. It works with Windows 2000, windows XP, Vista and windows 7 also. I am getting speed upto 3.1 MBPS and it enough for my requirement and its network capabilities is also better than some other operators.

You know now TATA Teleservices has publicized its fresh DATA CARD PLAN “High Speed Internet Access” or HSIA. They also call it photon+ and it will provide you 3.1 Mbps speed anywhere with very small USB router. It is 20 times faster than normal router and it works both laptop and desktop. Normally they work with every Operating system which is in use here in India. But some of photon model are not comaptibale with linux. But TATA indicom will start its services as soon as possible.

Hello I was also looking to use internet on my laptop. Initially I was thinking to use broadband service but then I realize I will not be able to use it outside at my home and also I will not be able to carry it with my laptop. So now I am planning to buy one new DATA card and my choice is Tata photon but I do not know that how to Order it and how to use it. Is it very costly? In how many cities its services are available?

Yes if you are using laptop then I will advise you to use wireless router services and Tata photon is best choice. To order it you have to visit Tata Indicom gallery or you can order it from its official website. Right now its services are available in Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Jaipur, Mumbai, North East States, Jammu & Kashmir, Hyderabad. Its network connectivity is better than “Reliance” and “Idea”