Thread: How to reformat Windows Mobile?

How to reformat Windows Mobile?

I do not know what the problem with my Windows Mobile phone is. It is consuming more and more time to carry out even a single task. I am completely blank about this thing and I will be very happy if anyone can suggest me what can I do to get rid of this thing. I have decided to reformat the mobile phone and I want you all to suggest me how can I do that thing? Can you all please show me the way so that I can get it done without much trouble?

Re: How to reformat Windows Mobile?

Why do you want to reformat the mobile phone? You will have a lot of problem when you will go for formatting the Windows Mobile. Also you will have a lot of problem while restoring the entire operating system. There you will have to do a lot of research and development. Also I think that if at all there is some file corrupt then only you can go for the reformatting. Please let us all know about this.

I am also in total agreement with what Odalis has suggested. From your post I think that the main cause for your problem can be because of the virus. I would suggest you to go for scanning your windows mobile phone against the antivirus software. If at all this is because of the virus issue then I think that the antivirus program will solve the issue perfectly. It is better if you can go with this and if that does not solve the problem then you can go for the reformat.

I would suggest you to go for the Master Reset instead of going for the reformatting the Windows Mobile. First go for the Soft Reset and if that does not work then you can go for the Hard Reset. I think that the Soft Reset will do the business for you and if at all it does not than you can get it done with the Hard Reset. Just take care that before you move to the Hard Reset make sure that you have the back – up of all the data.

Whatever may be the case I have a way by which you can format your Windows Mobile. First of all make sure that the mobile phone is fully charged because when you will be going for the format the mobile phone should not get switched off before the format gets complete. After that you will have to insert the stylus into the RESET hole and while doing that be sure that the power button is pressed. At last when the confirmation screen pops – up you will have to press the Red and the Green button.

Thanks a lot for the steps guys. Also I am happy that you all gave me the valuable advice along with the steps to format the windows mobile. I was also of the same opinion that the problem may be because of the virus issue. At first I will scan the mobile phone against antivirus program and if I can get the problem solved by that thing then I will also be happy and if at all I cannot then I will go for the for the format steps that you gave. Thanks.

Well guys the antivirus program did not work in my case however I did try the master reset and it even did not make the difference. Finally I had to go for the FORMATTING the mobile phone. I had made the back – up copy of all the data and now I am happy that the formatting steps that you gave me really worked. Thanks a lot now my windows mobile phone is working properly. Thanks a lot to all the members of this forum.