Thread: How do I format the c drive on acer laptop before restoring factory settings

How do I format the c drive on acer laptop before restoring factory settings

My friend is having the Acer laptop in which he is having the virus in his C drive due to which sometime the system crashes and there is also the problem in the working of the windows. He has also tries to restore with the restore factory setting but was not able to get problem solve out. So now he is looking to format his C drive in order to get fix with the corrupted file. So here I am looking for the proper solution to guide my friend to get solve out with his problem.

Re: How do I format the c drive on acer laptop before restoring factory settings

The drives in our computer is listed in the Device Manager or the BIOS of your system. As you want to clear the C drive problem of your computer you can also go for the free utility to help you out to clear your drive . You can use the application like the FileHippo or CNET which are the good software which help you out to clean the selected drives of your computer.

Re: How do I format the c drive on acer laptop before restoring factory settings

You can also go for the format your C drive by making the recovery disc for your Acer laptop for which you have to go to the control panel in your windows and then insert the CD or DVD in your DVD drive or just you can also contact your Acer help care center and get your recovery disc and then try your system to boot your system with the system and make sure that you choose the option of rebooting your system C drive and not the other drive.

In order to format your C drive you have to make sure that it is your master drive or the slave drive on your computer for which you can simply go to the my computer and right click on it and select the option of the format and then select the type of format that is Fat32 or the NFTS and then click on the format button or the quick format will also help you out to format the selected drive and restart your computer and boot your computer to install the new windows on the C drive of your system. You have to make sure that while formatting no other application is open in your computer.

It seems that you want to format your C drive and load a new fresh windows to it for which start your computer and press the F1 or the Del button to get in the bios setting of your system and get in the booting of option of windows setup for which you have insert the CD of windows in your CD drive and then follow the instruction to install it. You will find the option making a new partition on your system or want to delete the old partition. You select your C drive partition and try to load the new windows in that partition.