Thread: Problem in starting Dell inspiron 1545

Problem in starting Dell inspiron 1545

Hello friends I had this Dell inspiron 1545 laptop from about a year and half and it was working without any problems till yesterday when suddenly I switched on my laptop to do some work I found that the laptop was unable to boot. The last time when I had switched of laptop was three days before. So in all I didn't start my laptop for three days. I have removed the battery and done every thing but then also I am able to solve this problem so can any one help to get rid of this problem as I am having very personal data on my laptop.

Re: Problem in starting Dell inspiron 1545

Hey what are you getting when you try to press the power button, does it start and then goes of or does the laptop screen doesn't show any thing when you click on the power button. If you are not able to get any thing then I guess that there could the problem of your laptop battery. So what you can do is that you can either use the same battery of your laptop in some other laptop and see if it works. If it doesn't works there then I guess that the problem is surely of the battery and needed to be replaced. Also, check the power adapter with the same technique and then see if what happens.

Hey I would want to ask you that before yesterday when you started your laptop have ever damaged the laptop unknowingly. Or also, in your absence was your laptop was used by some one else and it fell from his hand. If this is the case then I think that there could be some serious damage to the laptop internal hardware and due to this you are facing this kind of problem. So if you have enough knowledge of the hardware then you can open the box and see if could locate the fault and can fix it. But if you dont have then I request you that please dont to any such stuffs so that it creates even more problem for you.

Hey friends thanks for your quick reply , I would want to add to it that I haven't damage the laptop in any way and nor it got damaged by any external force. Also, whenever I press the power button I get the white screen on the laptop display and after that it just turns black and then again I have to start the laptop. Also, I have checked my laptop batteries with other laptop and it worked smoothly over there, also if suppose I press the power button for along time then there will some beep sound coming from inside. So can any one help me to solve this issue as I urgently require the data that I have inside my hard disk.

I think that if the problem is not in the battery and the power adapter, then it could definitely be in the motherboard, so I think that if you can show your laptop to a hardware engineer then he might be able to solve your problem because he has got the exact detail of the internal hardware of the laptop and can surely be able to fix the issue in no time. I hope that the problem is just a minor one or it could be even require to replace the keyboard.

Hey why don’t you check the RAM of the laptop to see if it might get loosed and that is why you are getting this error. I have also faced with the same problem and found out that the problem was in the RAM. So I removed the RAM an again insert it and eventually the problem got solved and I was able to load the laptop smoothly. So you please try this option and see if it works for you or not.

It is usually cause of the RAM and motherboard of you Dell inspiron 1545 computer.
    It will cost much replacing the motherboard(nearly half the notebook's price),You may get another laptop of other brands.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 11-12-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.
    Save energy by recycles.