Thread: How to reset Life timer and security code in all Nokia S60 V3?

How to reset Life timer and security code in all Nokia S60 V3?

I have a Nokia mobile with S60 version 3 mobile, which is working well. The features are impressed me lot. But some are unknown to me. Now, I would like to know, how can I reset the life timer and the security code in my mobile phone? Can any one other suggest me about this? What is usage of this? how does resetting timer helps?
    Last edited by Dakarai; 05-10-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Re: How to reset Life timer and security code in all Nokia S60 V3?

There is a simple process to know the change the life timer and the security of your mobile through connect with the computer.
    1.Install NSS
    2.Connect the phone through the USB cable, and full scan the device.
    3.Go to the information tab.
    4.In the bottom portion you will got the “Permanent Memory tab”. Go there.
    5.Browse the file that you want to download. Then press on OK.
    6.Restart your mobile.

Enter the secret menu where you can able to modify the life timer and also the security code of the mobile. Just dial the number *#92702689# from your mobile keypad. After that you will enter in a secret menu of the mobile. Where you will found the following information’s, like the ‘Serial number’, ‘the manufacturing month and year of the mobile ’ also the ‘purchasing date of the mobile’. If there is any repair made in the mobile then this will also shown in the screen. The ‘Life timer’ of the phone will shows in the screen.

Here is a solution for the Nokia E71, security lock mode
    1. First of all you have to read the PM file, start add-97, end add-98 and save the file.
    2. Write the PM message part in the mobile(E71), before that make sure to write the PM first after that load the file.
    In the same manner, you can also disable the , if the mobile is damaged. Try this it will help you.

The keyword *#06# will gives the serial number of the mobile. Which consists the country and the quality code of the mobile. But in my mobile Nokia 3110 Classic the option is not working. And also I am not able to change the security code of the phone, though I forgot my default security code. I tried to get my security code by pressing *#2640#, but it also not works any other tips to fix the problem?

Thank you my friends. By all your post replies now I can able to achieve to get my life timer and the security code. I changed my security code of the mobile in a very easy way, for that first you should go to “Setting” in the menu, after that go to “security” then “Access codes”. There you got the changing option of the security code is there. Change the code there. If anyone have the same issue then he can try this one to change the security code.