Thread: Nokia E71: How to configure the Yahoo! chat with built in IM application?

Nokia E71: How to configure the Yahoo! chat with built in IM application?

I recently bought a Nokia E71 mobile. This is working well. All the features are impressed me very much. Using a GPRS facility in my mobile, which is also, connects fast and browse also fast. Now I wants activate the instant chatting in the mobile. But the problem is I do not know how to activate this. Can anyone tell me how to activate/configure the Yahoo messenger chat with my E71 built in IM application? Any suggestion will greatly appreciate.

Re: Nokia E71: How to configure the Yahoo! chat with built in IM application?

Nokia E71 built in instant messaging application is a good feature. The application is can used with the Yahoo! Messenger. You should make the proper setting with the mobile, otherwise whenever you tried to connect the messenger you will got a message “Notify your service provider”. By the application you can easily connect the messenger from anywhere anytime.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

There is the configuration for create the connection with the mobile:
    1.Open the IM application under communication.
    2.You should asked for a Server Name, Access Point in use, Web Address and your own user name and password, for the installation
    3.Insert the following information for the setting
    Web Address : imps.msg.yahoo.com
    Server Name : Yahoo! Messenger
    User name: <your user name>
    Password: <your password>

I am just elaborating the server setting. During the installation the server which is asked, it acts as a quick reference for the server setting that you are using. Since the setting is for the Yahoo! IM, so you should place the “Yahoo! messenger” or the other else, which one is you using as the server name. The access point is use to determine the Internet data connection, through that you are accessing and connecting with a server. The user name and the password are your preferred log-in in Yahoo! Messenger.

Hello friends,
    Well I also purchase the same mobile phone(Nokia E71), because I thought that it having all the inbuilt features, so there is no need to install any third party software in the mobile. Like other mobile are using. The problem is whenever I used to connect the Yahoo! Messenger from the mobile, I got that it is blocked by the ‘no gateway’ reply. And the messenger is not accessible. What should I do?

With the Nokia E71, you need not to do any setting for the chatting you just have to create a connection with the Gmail. After that whenever you enter into access with the user-name and the password, it will automatically transfer you there. Before that go to the setting of the Gmail, and there create a new setting for the chatting server for the IM application.