Thread: How to remove write protection in memory stick

How to remove write protection in memory stick

Hello,
    I format the usb stick to ext2 and swap, then I install ubuntu and it breaks off after a time-X (with the error message read / write error), then I issued the following command fsck run (linux-file-system check) on the stick, then after that it is in the bucket. Has anything changed in the series? new bios / firmware? new chips? I have an "old" flash voyager 8gb, running without problems, a 16GB Flash Voyager GT also performed its duty as a "server" and runs really great, but all "new" flash voyager 8gb sticks I can connect after a few minutes tonne in the. What can I do to ensure that the RMA does not begin in the next over? I slowly passed the lust for retailers to constantly run and to replacing the part. Any more ideas regarding this is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: How to remove write protection in memory stick

Please tell me the information provided on the USB plug and the defective functioning of the sticks, that is the exact error message you are getting. I will just try to find our some of the most issues involved in it. So, if you can provide the information then it would be great.

I myself a few weeks ago in possession of a new Flash Voyager 8 GB. Since today is my stick the same view, is there a tool con Corsair? Also use Linux (but firmly installed on my notebook). Get the stick with either a Linux system resources board or a Windows system, partitioned, formatted or written to.

The older, still runs but with file system, that is with usb stick fat32. I have the invoice from the "old" no more, the same procedure carried out with the stick, because that is perhaps to use any more. The number of sticks does perform well, then not so much sense right?

A few months ago I had exchanged my 8GB Voyager by RMA. At that time, could be recognized in any of the old PC or Mac more. With the new (G08G FG2010438) I have now described the phenomenon, he can no longer be writing or formatting. I will exchange this stick again by RMA. Is it also possible to send all postage free? Any more information will help me. Thank you for your replies in advance.