Thread: Dvd drive not able to share via network with Acer netbook

Dvd drive not able to share via network with Acer netbook

I have a Acer Netbook and it do not have a DVD drive. I have purchased an external DVD drive and want to share it with my desktop but I am not able to do. I have activated the file sharing and I am able to share docs but not the DVD drive. I get an error as Access Denied. Please help me out. I use Windows XP on both the system.

Re: Dvd drive not able to share via network with Acer netbook

The problem can be sorted out well by checking out for the desired aspect well. All you need to do is to check out by disabling the firewall feature which will be essential and help you out. The firewall may be causing the issue and this is the reason you are not able to perform well for the change. So do look out for the aspect that is required and process well which is essential.

You can get sort of the issue well by checking out for the aspects well that is you need to look out by processing the changes well. Look out for the link that is been mentioned. The issue will be sorted out well and you can get the exact cause with solution in this article. I hope following the aspect may lead to a better conclusion and perform well for the task as needed. So look out for the change.

There is a ways through which you can perform well for the change. All you need to do is to get access to the start menu option and then to the control panel. As it is been done you need to look out for Folder option and then under the view tab you need to uncheck the Use Simple File Sharing option. I hope this will be better for you and then process out for the feature which will be better for you. Do look out.

Another way through which you can make the implementation to be processed or work well is by following the aspects as given below:

• Go to Start and then to Control Panel
    • Now on the Administrative Tools look for Computer Management
    • Then in Computer Management: Storage look out for Disk Management
    • Right click the drive that cannot be accessed completely
    • Then Choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths"
    • Click "Add"
    • Make sure "Assign the following drive letter:" is selected
    • Choose any drive letter that is free
    • Press "OK"

Try troubleshooting the device well and then look for network sharing. I hope you may then be able to perform well for the task that is necessary. It is possible that the system is not able to work well or cope with the network due to some unassigned parameters. You need to look out well for the change which will be better for you and then perform for the aspect.

Check out by performing or making the system to run under safe mode. As it is been done you need to look out for the desired change which will be better for you. As safe mode may not have much of the features enabled I hope it should be easily processed and can work well for you. So try sharing or enabling the feature under this mode.