Thread: How to turn on a Locked Phone in Test Mode?

How to turn on a Locked Phone in Test Mode?

I have a Nokia 6300 mobile phone. The phone is good one, the performance is fine. All the functions are working well. The look is nice then the other Nokia mobile phones. I heard that the mobile can also works in the test mode when it is locked. Can anybody tell me how can I turn my mobile in the Test/ local mode when it is locked with security code? What is the test mode actually?
    Last edited by Logan.B; 05-10-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Re: How to turn on Locked Phone in Test Mode?

A test mode is a kind of mode which is inserted by the manufacturer into the electronic device. They used for the intention of to be used by the authorized person, the other may invented it but not every time. The test mode usually contains some functions like, displaying the test card of the mobile, images, and the testing moving parts. These functions are useless for the customers those are, though they know nothing about the functionality of the device.

Nokia is having three types of test mode:1. Normal, 2. Local, 3. Test. When your mobile is locked by a security code, you are not able to connect it through the USB, into your computer, as all the functionality of the mobile is stopped. In that case we use to start the mobile in the test mode via DKU 2(which is a supplied USB cable) to the computer. You can able to repair the software in the test mode.

Through the test mode you can perform any operation without format the mobile. Like
    1.Generating ASK file, 2. Reset the security code, 3. Generating PM files, 4. Flashing the mobile etc.
    For doing this type of operation you need to have a external power supply with crocodile connecting wires or any power with just two wires(positive and negative) .

Re: How to turn on a Locked Phone in Test Mode?

I would suggest you with a separate process for the test/local mode, just try this it will help you.

1.Remove the battery
    2.From the all battery connecting terminal, search which one is positive and the negative. A temporary terminal matches with the two terminals, after that a round circle will appear on the battery.
    3.Connect the positive part with the RED terminal and the negative with the BLACK.
    4.Now turn on the external power supply with a voltage of 3.7 V or as that mentioned in your battery back side.
    5.Now power on the mobile, after a few second it will appear in the TEST or LOCAL mode.

Re: How to turn on a Locked Phone in Test Mode?

The process to do this from the external power supply:
    1.Remove your battery.
    2.Locate the positive and the negative portion of the suite.
    3.Connect both the portions with its desired side. Now for the third terminal you need a 4 and 7 k registry wire.
    4.Connect one part of it with the third terminal portion and another part with the battery negative terminal.
    5.Switch on the external power supply with the voltage of 3.7, as per mentioned in the back side of your battery.
    6.Power on the mobile, and wait till it comes in the LOCAL mode.
    I did these steps in my phone and it works, I hope it will help you.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!