Thread: Scanner & Camera Wizard Won't Detect iPhone

Scanner & Camera Wizard Won't Detect iPhone

I do not know what is the problem with the Scanner and the Camera Wizard? At first there was no problem at all, the camera and the scanner wizard use to work fine with the iPhone. Now it just cannot detect the iPhone when it is plugged in. Whenever I try to open the Scanner and the Camera Wizard I get an option to add a device but I cannot find the iPhone in the list. Can anyone here can suggest me something in this case?

Re: Scanner & Camera Wizard Won't Detect iPhone

It is really strange; well did you install something weird that caused you to see this kind of thing. Please if you had installed something before this happened then uninstall it and then again try the thing. I am definitely sure that after that weird thing is uninstalled you will get back to the previous scenario. Till then, I will try to look for more solutions in your case and I will post it soon. Hope that you will get it worked.

It seems to me that there is a driver issue and you can handle it all alone. All you need to do is use the installer and not the wizard, which was provided to you. The camera and the scanner need the driver so that they can work without flaw. I think the reinstallation of the drivers will solve the issue that you are facing at this very moment. Please install the drivers before you attempt to connect the devices. Please post if at all this did make the difference.

Well in your case I think I can be of some help to you. Well if you want you can use the iPhone Explorer. I am not that sure about it but it can be used to a lot extent. I have already fought the battle with the iPhone long time ago. Also, I want to warn you that you will not have a perfect documentation for this software. Here are the steps that I think will help you when you will be using the software:
    • In the RH column select the top selection with the EDIT button for the sources.
    • Then you will have to remove the .misc folder along with the thumbprints.
    • Then clear the destination folder.
    • I think this will help you.

I am suffering with the same kind of issue I guess. Whenever I plug in my camera into a USB port, the Scanner and Camera wizard no longer runs, well they used to work. However when I try to run I get an explorer box that pops up with the folder(s). The folders are nothing but the one on the memory stick. Also when I try to run the scanner and camera wizard manually it tells that the camera and the scanner cannot be recognized.

To me I think that it is the twain32.dll driver issues that are all causing this entire problem. All the three devices viz. camera, scanner and the iPhone have their own twain drivers. According to me I think that when there are three twain drivers the system may be getting confused. Confused in the sense that it cannot decide which driver is to be used here. Till now I have found this much and I think I will fetch the solution as soon as I can.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This is just a try to make sure what is the problem. First of all go to c:\windows\system32 folder then there you will have to find the file wiaacmgr.exe. wiaacmgr.exe is the executable file that will launch the Scanner and Camera wizard. For this file make a shortcut on the desktop. After this make the wizard run by clicking the .exe file. If at all the scanner and camera wizard fail to find the camera then I am sure that this is the driver issue. Install the drivers and see if this solves the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I've had a similar problem. My iPhone is usually detected the first time after I've booted my PC, but not thereafter. After restarting the Apple mobile devices http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1567, it works fine again. Maybe this works for you too?