Thread: Speed problem in my WD MyBook World Edition II

Speed problem in my WD MyBook World Edition II

Hi,
    I have recently purchased a WD MyBook for my use. I have done a adjustment that i have hooked my WD MyBook through the 100mbps LAN which is present at the home. I have tried to plug it to the laptop to the router. I feel that it is taking more time while transferring a file or copying it. I am getting very low speed performance with my WD MyBook World Edition II.

Re: Speed problem in my WD MyBook World Edition II

You need to test by making the use of the wired connection between a computer and your Network-attached storage . The performance problem might be related with all the parts of the system. According to me i feel that we cannot get the better performance with the wireless connection. So you might have got the answer.

I to have purchased a WD MyBook. Even i am facing the slow performance issue. I have connected this with the router with the wireless connection. i do not want to make the wired connection. With the same wireless connection i want to increase the speed of the WD MyBook. How will i do that? Do any one have any idea?

You are facing the low speed problem because you are using the wireless connection, because even i was using the same wireless connection and i was also facing the same problem. After that i made the connection to wired one and definitely there was rise in the speed . So even you can try using the wired connection.

Thanks for the reply. I referred you reply but still till now have not able to solve my problem. I tried changing my connection from wireless to wired one. As you all were telling that make use of the wired connection the speed increases, but this thing does not happened with me. Still my speed is the same. Now i am frustrated with the issue and i does not understand what to do with this problem.

As till now your problem is not being solved so i will advice you do stop trying out various fixes and you need to visit to a engineer who is having the proper knowledge related with the networking. He will surely recommend you a proper solution for your problem or you can contact to the service center of your router as they might be knowing the exact solution for your problem.