Thread: How to reset the forgotten lock code for Nokia E61

How to reset the forgotten lock code for Nokia E61

I have updated the firmware for my Nokia E61. It gets updated successfully. After update process it restarts the phone and prompts me for the country, city name, date and time etc. After all that it asked me for the lock code and I entered something and the problem is that now I forgot the the code which I entered. I don't know the way to reset the forgotten password so that I can ,use my cell phone. Is there any one who knew how to reset the password in E71. Please help.
    www.techarena.in

Re: How to reset the forgotten lock code for Nokia E61

Ok…you need the following tools to reset the password.
    • Nemesis Service suite (NSS)
    • Nokia PC Suite
    • Data cable

Once you have all this you can go through the following steps to fix it:
    1. Connect your phone to your computer using the PC suit.
    2. Open NSS ie. Nemesis Service suite
    3. Click on scan for new devices.
    4. Click on the button for phone info.
    5. Now hit the scan button.
    6. Select the permanent memory and click on read.
    7. This will read the permanent memory file and will save the result to C:\Program Files\NSS\Backup\pm\<IMEI>.pm.
    8. Open the .pm file with notepad.
    9. Scroll down till you get the field 308 and on the 5th record you will find your security code like 5=31313131310000000000
    10. Remove the digit three from that code.
    11. The remaining code will be your security code. In the above case the security code will be 11111

Hey I think I have the solution for this issue. This has also happened to me earlier and I was also facing the same problem. After that one of my friends suggested me to enter the code 0000 and I decided to try that and to my surprise I fount it granted me access. You should turn your phone on and when it asks for the security code then you just have to enter 0000 and press enter. I hope this will help you. Remember that it has some limit for invalid attempts for the security code and if cross that limit then it will lock your phone permanently.

You should try 12345 as a security code. This is the default security code for all the Nokia mobile phones. But I dont think that it will work you have changed the security code. You should take this issue to the nearest Nokia Care point and they will solve the issue for you. If you want to get more details about the Nokia care point then you can also visit the Nokia Care Point for that.

In such cases to unlock your phone, you have yo use the Master code. You can generate the master code for your handset by using the IMEI number of your phone which is a unique number for every mobile. You can get the IMEI number for your phone by pressing *#06# on your phone.

After that go to the site unlockme.co.uk/master.php and enter the 15 digit IMEI number and click on get master code. This will create the master code for you. You have to enter this code when it prompts you for the security code and you will be done with that.

You need to perform hard reset on your phone to get out of this problem. You can do hard reset in following way. First of all turn your phone off and now press the phones dial key + num 3 key + * key together and switch on your phone. When you do this it will format the mobile and will not ask you for the security code. But make sure that you have taken the back up for the contacts and messages because it will delete all the data from your phone memory.

Hey thank you to all of you for your replies. I was also having the same kind of issue and when I entered the code as 12345 and got is done. Now I am not having problem with my phone and now I have set a new code for my phone. Once again I would like to thank you all for giving me the suggestions.