Thread: Unusual Camera Problem in Nokia 5800 Xpress MUSIC

Unusual Camera Problem in Nokia 5800 Xpress MUSIC

Hi all, I am using Nokia 5800 Xpress music. It is a well featured phone and has a good looks but I am not happy with the camera of it. Recently I did an experiment with the phone camera. I clicked two pictures in room light condition. One is with the back cover and other is without back cover in auto mode and flash on. I found that the image with the back cover was overexposed and very bluish-like image and the colors were screwed up and the image without back cover was giving the better image with proper color. I always thought that the bad quality of image is due to the software problem but I found that it is because of the back cover in my case. I want to know that anyone else is facing the same problem or it is only in my case? What should I do to get it fix?

Re: Unusual Camera Problem in Nokia 5800 Xpress MUSIC

If you are getting any issue like this then I don’t think that you should do something on yourself. There is possibility that you may create more problem with your phone. My suggestion to you is to take the phone to the Nokia Service center and ask them about the issue. They are the experts and they knew what is the exact problem with that. They will get the issue fix. This will the best and the safest way for you to resolve the issue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi friend,
    You will find this in all the Nokia 5800Xpressmusic. I am also using the same phone and having the same experience. Nokia 5800Xpressmusic is having good camera but not the best. It is the phone which is famous for its music quality and therefore it is named so. You should not hope too much with its camera. This is common with all the phone.
    Thanks
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There may be problem with the firmware which you are using. It may be outdated and therefore you are experiencing such problems. I would like to suggest you to upgrade your firmware. In my case I upgraded it to v.20 an I don't have any such issue. You should also update your firmware using updater software. You must have got this software along with the whole package when you bought the mobile. I hope this may help you.

Well, I was getting the same issue then I thought that it is a hardware issue but I found that it is not the problem with the hardware. They have the average camera on board but the image get screw up just because of the lens cover and the pictures which are taken in low light using flash became unusable and if you remove the back cover and take the photo then you will find the quality of the picture is good. SO need to worry about that, it is normal in all the phones.

Friends, If you are using a normal digital camera then also you will get a bluish tint on the images. All you have to is to adjust the exposure and the sensitivity and the sensitivity of the camera in your mobile. Search for the setting for that and adjust the values. You will find that Nokia 5800 as a good snapper if you know the exact value to adjust the same. You can try it and see the difference.

If you adjust the tint then you will definitely find a bit change in the quality of the image bit I don’t think that will be satisfactory for you. You have to remove the back cover to take a clear picture or the best way to do that is change the back cover the phone and this will give you a great difference in the quality.