Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Hook up of Cable box, DVD recorder, VCR to HD TV

Portable Devices

Old 04-10-2010

Hook up of Cable box, DVD recorder, VCR to HD TV

How can I connect my HD cable box which is from Comcast with my DVD recorder? I am having HD Comcast Cable Box and a Sony LCD HD TV. I have just bought a Toshiba DR400 DVD Recorder which has HDMI output. Is there any technique using which I can use my PC on my TV? What cables do I require so that this can be possible and how can I connect my cable box to my HD TV? So if anyone having any solution or procedure do post the reply.

Old 05-10-2010

Re: Hook up of Cable box, DVD recorder, VCR to HD TV

I suggest you to connect the HDMI cable to TV using pvr and also connect cable to HTiB. You can go for best A/V receiver as the as your central switcher then go for connecting its HDMI output to TV using single cable. You can go for this solution using which you can connect cable box to your HD TV. This will surely help you to connect through TV.
Old 05-10-2010

I have try the solution provided in the above reply but i was not able to get the sharp images while watch it. I am using a Red/White/Yellow cable and i am not able to find out the problem for images not coming clear as it were before. Is there any other cable i can use to connect it and get the right kind of resolution?
Old 05-10-2010

You can use simple coaxial cable to connect your cable outlet to cable box "RF in". On the cable box side, use a coaxial cable from "tv/video" which is connected to "antenna in" connect to television. Using different color cables connect dvd recorder using rca cable, red to "FR audio out", "white cable from "FL audio out", and yellow cable from video out ( all color coded) and connect to the television using this you can connect that.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,