Thread: iPad:Not able to access Roadrunner email account?

iPad:Not able to access Roadrunner email account?

Hello friend, I have a Apple Mac Book with the Mac OS X Leopard as the operating system. Tried to access my internet service through Time Warner/Roadrunner. I cannot access my Road Runner email account. I tried it in my ipad. But the problem is, nothing is working there. I am able to do it in the iPhone by using the AT&T server. But I cannot do it in the ipad. Any idea regarding this problem?

Re: iPad:Not able to access Roadrunner email account?

You should check your e-mail account setting and also the preferences. The settings are generally used for the access for the mailing account. The road runner e-mail accounts are generally using by a user name and a password. While you are accessing the account you make sure that the user name and the password that you inserted are proper. If you still facing the problem , then would suggest you to check the server setting.

Go to the Road Runner e-mail account, then switch to “settings”. Then go to “Account and import”. You should got a option there “Send mail as”. The learn more section will help you to accessing process. I had a same problem in my ipad where I was unable to send mails through the SMTP server. I did the above process and now it works. Now I can send mail from the mail account, through SMTP. And suggest to go through the above steps, it will help you.

Having a relevant problem, the issue is regarding my ipad and the TWC RR. I am able to receive the mail but cannot able to send mails from the server from the ipad. Here I think the configuration should be the reason. Because I noticed that in my iMac the options of the SMTP server are identical in expect of the iPad. There is no authentication problem. Any suggestion..?

I read the posts of the thread and think there is only one solution for the problem. Delete the existing mail account and create a new one with the default settings and the preferences. If you are using the SMTP server, then use the "smtp-server.nc.rr.com". Change the port number from 587 to 25. 110 should be the default pop server port number. Remove all the mails from the outbox, because these are the cause for the disconnect the server. And then try for the sending mails yourself.

I know that if you are a iPad use and using the Road Runner E-mail account through the RR server, then each time of whenever you accessing the mail account, you should create a new mail account, which will create SMTP server which is insert in the list of the SMTP server. The need end up with two SMTP servers, one is for the inside, and the other one is for the outside. Change the server name every time and saved it with the SMTP server name. That will updated in the server list.