Thread: Sync your Samsung Phone's Contacts/Calendar with Outlook using BitPim

Sync your Samsung Phone's Contacts/Calendar with Outlook using BitPim

I am using Samsung mobile phone. I want to Sync my mobile phone’s contact and calendar with the outlook but I do not know if I can do that is there a possible way to do that. Also I am not 100 percent sure that it is possible to do that. I have not heard too much success about this thing. I just want to be sure if there is a safe option for doing this. Can you tell me something about this? Also can you tell me the steps of handling this thing?
    Last edited by The $ Vance; 04-10-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Re: Sync your Samsung Phone's Contacts/Calendar with Outlook using BitPim

Well there is a possible way by which you can Sync your mobile phone’s contacts and the calendar with the outlook. You want to Sync the mobile phone so that you can store all the data from the calendar and all the contact information in your computer. In order to do that, you need a mediator. I have a perfect mediator for your case and the name of the mediator is "BitPim". Please download and install the software and see if this helps you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Well I have seen your problem and I have come to the conclusion that the software called BitPim is really going to help you find a way out. The Bitpim is actually a program which is used to manage the contents of the mobile phones. Also when you will be using this program you do not need to worry about the platform, since this program is platform independent. I would like to tell you all some of the functionalities that can be supported by your Samsung:
    • File system
    • Memo
    • Calendar
    • Phone Book
    • Contact
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Well I am sure that the BitPim software is really going to help you out. First of all download the latest version of BitPim. Once you install the software try to connect your phone to the PC using the USB data cable. Now it is really important for you that your mobile phone gets detected by BitPim. For the detection go in the BitPim and under BitPim go to Edit and then Detect. If the phone gets detected then in BitPim go to Data and then Get Phone Data. After that import the data, here it is Phone Book. Now go to the File then Export and then vCards and then save the file in the PC. Now open the Outlook and then go to the File and then Import and Export and then import the vCard file. After that you will see that the contacts will be imported to the outlook. Hope that this works.

Well I am not using the Samsung mobile phone but I have the mobile phone from the Motorola. Well I would be interested to know if there is a way by which I can get the Contacts of my mobile phone Sync with the Outlook. Well I have seen that you all are discussing about the BitPim, but I wanted to know if this will run on my mobile phone too. Please let me know if this thing can work on my mobile phone too.

Adrie, I think you did not read the posts well. It was already mentioned that the software that we are talking about is Platform independent i.e. BitPim does not depend on the platform. I am sure that it will run and will do the things that you want to do. I have some links to the threads that have already discussed about these things please have a look at the thread. Here is the link please click here: How to Sync Motorola Phone's Contacts/Calendar with Outlook using BitPim

Well thanks a lot for the software, at first I was having some problem with the software but eventually I got this thing work on for me. I am really happy with this thing. At first I was not able to install this thing on the PC but it came finally I do not care about that. Also the steps that were given for the Contacts were awesome, but I had to get the Calendar Sync all by myself. Thanks a lot guys. Thank you very much.