Thread: Half unresponsive home button on iPad

Half unresponsive home button on iPad

I have purchased my iPad few weeks back and now I am unable to use my Home button. Whenever I try to press it, sometimes it works while other time it isn't. I don't know what is the problem and need you help? Anyone else had this problem?

Re: Half unresponsive home button on iPad

It happens if you have not used your iPad for a long time or so. This is but obvious and pressing the power button will help you to solve the problem. Try it out and is shouldn't happen to you in the near future. If you try to press the button very hard then it will not solve your problem however if you try out moving the finger when you press the button. If this doesn't work then that is certainly hardware or software problem.

Turn on iPad by plug-in, hold home and the top button until it restarts. The screen will went into sleep before it restart. If that doesn't work then reset Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. But once the apple logo comes up you should not be noticing this problem any more.

The Home button on my iPad has become half unresponsive too. It's about 12 months old now, and I think the mechanical buttons can work properly. I tried resetting it but the home button isn't being recognized when I try to reset it. Whatever it is, it's under warranty and I will be glad to have one that works.

I have some recommendation for you which is related to my iPad when I took to Apple. If you will take the iPad for replacement alongwith the original packaging, cables, plugs, documentation, etc, they will only replace the iPad. I also asked them if there was anyone else who had this problem then he said that this was the first time he had heard of such kind of problem and very few people had iPad issues.