Thread: Wireless fix in my Acer Aspire one

Wireless fix in my Acer Aspire one

I have a Acer Aspire One machine with me. This is a great machine to work on. The problem i am having is that i am not able to connect it to the internet through the wifi connection, but the connection is not working out. I tried to fool with the various settings in my laptop, but even this thing does not helped me. Do any one have a fix for this problem?

Re: Wireless fix in my Acer Aspire one

While using a three cell battery i face a issue with it. When i switch on to the six cell battery my all the problems disappeared. I changed my to Intel 3945 ABG card and i have no problem in using it. You will also require to keep a watch of the keyboard when removing the left-most keyboard tab, so if it gets in then you will not be able to pop it out. Will any one provide the fix for the 3 cell battery?
    Last edited by jhon; 04-10-2010 at 12:08 PM.

I can solve your problem. First go to the System Properties --------> Hardware --------> Device Manager--------->Network Adapters ------->Right click on the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter------>select properties --------> Advanced tab------->Click on the Power Save Mode-------->turn off. After doing this thing i am having no issues with it.

I tried the fixes which are given above, but the fixes have not been able to solve my problem. I use bios 3109 with the Atheros drivers. The time when i try to update the driver, then my connection gets disconnected. I have no ideas why this thing is happening down on my laptop. Any one having fix related with this issue please provide me the one?
    Last edited by jhon; 04-10-2010 at 12:07 PM.

According to my knowledge acer is coming out with a new driver for the built-in WiFi. The updated driver is working well. I also installed the new driver on my system and even i was able to solve the problem on my system. I think that all those who are facing the same problem in their system can try this thing. If your problem is not getting solved then reply me back.

Thanks to all for posting your reply. I installed a Intel 4965AGN and is is working fine. I have also updated the bios v.3305, while doing this i have not experienced any wireless problem. But still i am not happy with the fix because there was no other problem with my machine and it was cheep as well. No matter this fix is working out. Anyone having same problem try this out.