Thread: What's on your controls wish list for Windows Phone 7

What's on your controls wish list for Windows Phone 7

WP7 is the replacement of windows 6.5. I would like to hear the list of controls for WP7 from the users. In order build the applications I wanna know the user reviews and interests in type of controls which they want in WP7 OS. This is because the WP7 does not support the any third party application yet. The control developer knows that users are seeking third party application for additional feature. Also describe why you need this feature.

Everyone knows that any apps or features which Microsoft will be going to release are user friendly and acceptable. But still I like controls which the WP7 should contain are:
    • The combo box: I miss this feature more. Some time there will be a necessary to add the list of elements or to select from the list. Select from list consumes much time rather individually entering each item.
    • Date/Time Picker: This is quite a basic control which should be there for obvious reason.

My expected controls are
    • List picker: Inline list picker often used for setting screens and options.
    • Toggle control switches like On Off or Yes No
    • Quick Jump Grid
    • Dialog window which adds great feature of computers
    • Popup windows for notification

The WP7 lacks of some of the features and controls. There some basic controls which I needed the most out of my reach. The first one is a URL chooser. It should look like a list box from where I can select the URL which I have visited recently. The list should contain the URLs History. There are also other two controls which I would like to have are Video chooser and the audio chooser either for live or stored data.

There are few thing that don’t still exist in the WP7 are
    • Radio Tuning Control which can able to search for available radio stations
    • Tap and hold event
    • Rich test editor
    • Context menu
    • A control which I couldn’t name it to clear the input field contents.

There will be list of controls which all the user obviously wants in WP7. They need date pickers, item pickers with short list and long list, panorama and pivot controls, jump list, infinite list control and so on. Also controls for variation of the application pages, portrait and landscape mode controls full screen progress controls, charting control, feather turnstile controls for menus, slider control, controls for light weight method to display html.