Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install java games on LG KG920 phone

Portable Devices

Old 03-10-2010

How to install java games on LG KG920 phone

I am having the LG mobile phone and this time I have updated to the LG KG920 mobile phone. Well it is nice. Also I am a great lover of the game, and I really enjoy playing the game whether it is a mobile phone or a laptop. However I am not able to install the Java games and play them on this mobile. Can anyone here please suggest me what are the steps that I need to follow so that I can get this to run for me?

Old 03-10-2010

Re: How to install java games on LG KG920 phone

I would also be grateful if I can get the java games installed on the LG phone. Well I have found many of them having the same problem. It is really a pain for the users that love playing the games. However I tried as many things as I could, I searched a lot on the Internet but yet I could not help myself in making it to work on the LG mobile phone. Please come up with the solutions. Thanks in advanced.
Old 03-10-2010

• Install the LG Content bank that is included in the CD phone package.
  • After you finish the installation go to the C:\Program Files\LGGSM\LGContentsBank and search for the config.ini file
  • Before doing any changes to this config.ini file have the back-up for it.
  • Then in the files find the following lines:
    Code:
    [PROG_SETTING]
    BUTTON=OLD
    EXIST_JAVA=Y
    EXIST_CAMERA=N
    EXIST_KARAOKE=N
    EXIST_MP3=N
    MUSIC_CHIP=YAMAHA
    LCD_WIDTH=240
    LCD_HEIGHT=320
    MODEL_NAME=KG920
    VERSION=KG920-v.3.8(3.9.0.05.30-EN)
    ANI_GIF=Y
    MAXFILESIZE=114688
    SELECT_MODE=MULTI
    Serial=Y
    USB=Y
    USE_BINARY_UPLOAD_MODE=N
    VBR_CHECK=N
    MAX_BITRATE=0
    TTPComDriverUse=Y
    OS_LANG=EN
    All you need to do is copy this and replace it in the original file.
  • Now go and visit any java games web site
  • This is the most vital step, in the C:\Program Files\LGGSM\LGContentsBank\Contents you will have to create a folder named JAVA.
  • Now under the JAVA folder make another folder that will be having the name of the game itself, download the game to that folder only.
  • Now you will need a Jadmaker program, to make a .jad file
  • After that open the Jadmaker program and make a jad file for the game.
  • Now open the ___.jad file of the game with the notepad and paste the following line to the bottom of ___.jad file.
  • MIDletX-LG-Contents: KG920 (model can be changed)
  • Now open the LG Content bank program and there you will have a Java button on it.
  • Just click on it and then choose the mobile phone that you will be required and get it installed.
Old 03-10-2010

Well I have tried all the things that have been mentioned here but yet I could not have the games installed on my phone. Whenever I try press the connect button a warning pops-up. I do not know what in the world that thing is? When the pop-up comes up it does not say that there was an error with the connection it generally says Timeout. Can anyone help me to rectify this? I will be really grateful to you.
Old 05-10-2010

Ok, I think that I will be able to help you a bit.
  • First of all in you mobile go to the Settings
  • After the settings go to the Connectivity. There it will give you the following four options:
    1. Bluetooth
    2. Modem
    3. Network
    4. GPRS attach
  • You will have to select the modem, if it asks for the connectivity select YES.
  • After that connect the USB and go to the LG Content bank that is in your PC.
  • There you will get an option for Connect, just click that one.
  • When the connection will be established you can download the file as required.
Hope that this time you will not get the pop-up.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,