Thread: Ringtones on the Samsung Alias 2

Ringtones on the Samsung Alias 2

Friends, I bought Samsung Alias 2 SCH-U750 for my brother. After two days he told me that he loved the phone but he was not able to put ringtone on that. I tried something from my site but it was useless and I also failed to set the ringtone. I want to ask the people here that if they knew the way to do that then please post the method to do that. Thank you !!!

Re: Ringtones on the Samsung Alias 2

I was also facing the same issue and was not able to set that. I asked to one of my friend who is expert in cell phones. He just attached the mp3 files to email and sent it to my phone. I browsed that mp3 file from my phone and used that as my mobile phone ringtone. You should also try this and I am sure that it will solve the issue. This will the best way and I have done it on my dads mobile successfully.

You can install the MicroSD card on your phone. After that you should go to Settings & Tools > Memory > Save Options > Sounds. There you have to select the card memory. After that you have to go to Media Center/Music & Tones/My Sounds/Record New and record a short sample to save to the card. Open your memory card from your computer and copy paste the music file that you want.

You can use PureVoice to do that. Download it from qctconnect.com/products/purevoice_downloads.html. You have to open the file that you want to use as ringtone and convert that file to qcp format. After converting the sound you have to paste it to the My sound folder which is in the MicroSD card. After all that you will be able to use that file as ringing tone of your mobile phone.

Here is what I did to do that. First of all I downloaded the tones to my computer's desktop. After that I dragged it to my documents. When I opened the file it get opened in VZW's Rhapsody. I dont know how it happened but it opened with that player. I cutted it by 28 seconds and after that I clicked on email this file to my email addy. Once it gets appear on my PC I emailed it to vzwpix addy. I selected Save it as ringtone when it arrived and I found it working.

I don’t think that you need to create QCP files. This seems to be very horrible. You just do what I am telling you. Open any email site and login to it. Attach the tone files to it and send that to your mobile email id. After a few seconds you will receive a multimedia message. Open that message and go to option and sane it as a ringtone. Now you are done with this and you will be able to use the high quality mp3 files as your ringtone.

Hey thank you for your post. I did the same as you told. I mailed the songs to my mobile email ID and while saving that I selected “Save as Ringtone” which was the fourth option in the list. After that I opened the folder for the ringtone and selected that as ringtone and it is done. Thank you very much again for your reply.

I have a question, why must you first record your own voice making a sound file before transferring your own ringtones to the mem card? I tried to copy & paste them onto the mem card directly from my HD, just like I did w/my old LG EnV3-(which worked flawlessly, BTW)-; & it didn't work! My mem card shows in the "usage" area that the files are on there, but when I go to "My Sounds" in that area of the menu, it says "No Sounds" WTF?!?!? Yet, when I place that same mem card back into the card reader for my system, & open it in Windows, it shows the files, & they open & play fine! So,...what's the issue? I am on the phone right now w/Samsung's tech support as Verizon is useless & just tells me that they don't support this issue, & want me to buy their ringtones. No thanks! THe guy for Samsung already told me that what I am doing is correct & SHOULD work! He's now checking out what the prob is,
    & to see if perhaps a firmware update might correct this issue, or if it just needs to replaced completely.

UPDATE: Samsung said no current update for this model is currently available, & that Verizon most likely; & not surprisingly either; prob'ly reverse engineered the device to not recognize ANY files to be used for ringtones that were not bought from Verizon directly! Monopolistic bastards says what? How this is even legal is beyond me! So, anyone else have help on this matter for me? If so, PLEASE help me!

Man, I miss my LG EnV3! (

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
    You can install the MicroSD card on your phone. After that you should go to Settings & Tools > Memory > Save Options > Sounds. There you have to select the card memory. After that you have to go to Media Center/Music & Tones/My Sounds/Record New and record a short sample to save to the card. Open your memory card from your computer and copy paste the music file that you want.